Chapter 10

Jake has been trying to talk to me.

He kept saying how he needs to repay me.

"Mania?" Jake called out

"You do not need to repay me.You need to be thanking Seth. He is the one who begged me to help.Along with your father." I told him.

"Please there has to be something!" Jake said

"Very well.This is what I want you to do" I said and Jake listened intently.

"I want you to live your life.Never let anyone order you to do things you believe is wrong.Live how you want to live." I told him

Jake then nodded his head and smiled at me.

"Thanks Mania" Jake said then took off into the forest.

I then went to Carlisle's house.

I began to walk up to te house and I seen Edward already there waiting for me.

"Please come in." Edwar said with a small smile.

I nodded and stepped in.

I took off my dagger and set it down on a table near the door.

"Carlisle is in his office.Please follow me." Edward said and I did as he asked.

After walking by the kitchen and up some stairs Edward stopped at one of the doors and knocked.

"Carlisle, Mania is here" Edward said and I heard footsteps rushing to the door.

"Thank you Edward. Please come in Mania." Carlisle said opening the door wider and I stepped in.

"I just wanted to ask a few questions if you don't mind of course" Carlisle said.

"Depends on what questions you ask" I said

Carlisle chuckled and motioned for me to sit down.

I sat down on the odd chair.

"Well my first question is how do you know what herbs to use?" Carlisle asked taking out some paper.

"It was something kids must learn in my clan.Its for if there is not enough doctors in the village then the kids can help. We are trained to know the scent and color of each herb. Then a doctor in the clan would show us how to prepare it. And you have to make it just right or it won't work" I said and Carlisle wrote down every word I said.

"So how can you heal without having to cut open someone?" Carlisle asked with curiosity in his eyes.

"Depends on the wound. In my clan if we have a broken bone we snap it back into place. We hit certain spots that would help move a bone such as ribs or spine vertebrae. But if its an arm or leg we just pull the limb until we hear a certain crack." I explained again and watched Carlisle write.

"Well I think that's all the questions I have. I'm sorry I didn't have more" Carlisle said

I then wondered how did humans heal each other.

"You were human once right?" I asked

"Yes but I was attacked by a vampire a long time ago." Carlisle said

"Why do you hunt animals? Don't you usually attack humans?" I asked

"We didn't want to be vampires in the first place. So we try not to be monsters. We consider ourselves vegetarian due to us drinking animal blood." Carlisle explained.

"I see.Are you all family?"

"Yes.I consider myself their father and Esme their mother." Carlisle said with confidence in his voice.