Chapter 1

Carla's POV
Hi I am Carla, I am your average 18 year old girl, struggling to pay for college and have fun with friends. I just got accepted to Princeton all the way in the US and my parents are happy for me but also said they have to see their baby girl go off into the world on her own.

I have never left London so this is gonna be a big change for me. Also it is gonna be very difficult to protect myself because I am not gonna have my big brother. I have always wondered what it is like out of the London so I guess this will be a good experience. I have decided that I will be getting an apartment in the City and live there. I got my schedule so there would be no problem time wise to go and take the train to Princeton every day.

I leave in a couple of weeks and I am so nervous, but who wouldn't be nervous leaving for college in another country. I am majoring in Child Psyche because I absolutely love children so much.

I sit on my bed in my room listening to Forest by Twenty One Pilots. I just saw them in concert recently and I love them so much. As I am listening I get a text from my friend to turn on the World News. I turn it on and see that there has been sightings of the most feared gang in America in New York City. Of course that happens to me, but I don't think anything will happen I mean what good would I do in a gang.

    My father, Jeff, comes into my room with a box. He tells me to open it and when I open it I am shocked. I look at him, "Why did you get me a gun?" He smiles a little and says, "You might need it. I know you saw the news so you must be scared." I smile back and put the gun under my bed. He leaves my room in hesitation not wanting to start a crying fest because I was leaving.

         (2 WEEKS LATER)
          "DINNER!" My mom calls us all downstairs and I walk down slow and steady not wanting to rush to my last family dinner. I sit down hesitantly and wait for it to be my turn to get food. After we all are situated we start talking, well more like crying. "MY BABY IS LEAVING ME!" My mom cries out which follows my dad in a more calming voice, "It's okay honey, we have a mature daughter she can get through this, right sweetheart?" I look up at him, "oh yea I can it's okay mom." But was it really okay? I couldn't come to answer that question.

All I have been thinking about was all of the ifs that could happen, especially because the gang was still there and there have been more sightings around where my apartment is. I finish my dinner and put my plate in the sink. I walk up the stairs, enter my room and start sobbing. I am all packed besides 1 item, a gun. I know the airplane security is letting us bring them on the plane to New York for security reasons. I go under my bed and pick up the box. I hold it so carefully, as if it was a baby. I go over and slowly open one of my bags and put it in. I sit on my bed and cry some more.

      It's about 11:00 PM when my phone buzzes, I look at it and see it's a snapchat from someone named Grayson. I guess he found my Instagram but why would he snapchat me. I open it and see it is a black screen and all it says is "See you soon sweetheart!" I begin to get paranoid and don't respond. I should've put my Instagram to private cause he's probably a freak from New York. I sit there in a daze and fall into a dark slumber....

••••••••••
I HOPE YOU ALL LIKE THE FIRST CHAPTER! I KNOW IT IS A LITTLE SHORT BUT I PROMISE NEXT WEEK IT WILL BE LONGER DO NOT WORRY! REMEMBER TO FOLLOW @dolantwinsgalx ON INSTAGRAM!