Chapter One

November 30th

"Will that be all Sir?" A lady asks, her British accent spoken strongly. Undoing the black apron from around her customers neck, she neatly folds it up and places it to the side. 

With her hands resting on the back of the chair before her, she sends the male, who's looking in the mirror in front of them both, a polite smile. Brushing down his legs and sending her a nod, he slowly rises out of his leather seat. 

"Yes, that'll be all."

"Right this way then, if you will?" Nodding again, he follows the trots of the ladies high heels to the front desk. "Caroline, will you check this man out while I go and collect his coat?"

Humming away the blonde woman, Caroline pulls out a pink cased tablet. Scanning over notes and paychecks needed to be handed in, she taps the 'search bar' before looking up at the man. 

"Your name Sir?" She boredly asks.

"Robert, Robert Cornwell." He replies, her 'awwing' when she finds his bill. Placing the tablet down, he raises a brow. "How much will it be?"

"With the blow dry and trim, that'll come to forty pounds please." Pulling out his wallet and handed the money over in cash, she thanks him. "That'll be all, thank you. Jane will be just down the hall with your coat when you are ready to go." 

Thanking her, he strides with a high head towards a lady awaiting in black. "Your coat Sir," she bows slightly.

"Thank you," he murmurs, taking it from her and draping it over his left arm. "Have a good afternoon Ma'am."

"You too Sir, thank you. See you again!" Waving, she turns and heads back to the next customer, the male showing himself out to the two, large, automatic doors.

Fresh air hit the male's cheek as the sun shone in his direction. Several robins perch themselves around him, and two pigeons look at him like beggars starving for food. Grunting and shaking his head, he moves down the front steps of the hairdressers and makes his way towards his car. Snow crunching beneath his feet and soaking his newly polished shoes. 

Gritting his teeth when feeling a droplet of snow rest on his forehead, he looked up to the sun unamused. Puffing his cheeks, he slid into the driver's seat, placing his coat on the passenger seat as he did, and shutting the door; buckling up after. 

His foot down ready the hit the peddle, and his car keys, he used to open it's door, in the position to turn on the ignition, he sighed deeply at the buzzing coming from his coat's pocket. Pulling out his phone, brows furrowed, he grumpily answers; "Jasmine? What do you want?"

"Are you busy?" Jasmine asked through the phone, her voice high pitched and hopeful. "I kinda need picking up."

"I thought you went around your friends for the week?" He questioned.

"I was," she said, "but Lizzy came around and it all went hey-wire. Do you think you could come and get me and take me home? Pretty please?"

Biting the insides of his lips, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel, he agreed. "All right, I'm on my way, your friend lives near the Doctor's, right?"

"Yeah, but I'll meet you at the park behind it?"

"Okay. I'll be there in ten. I need to go back to mine though first, so you all right to wait for a bit? Or you in a rush."

Humming, Jasmine snorted. "Me, busy? No. I'd rather not go home at this point, heard homes just got worse." Straightening his rear view mirror, silence came to both until Jasmine carried on talking. "Anyways, I'm not in a rush, so it's cool."