Chapter 10

"Keep walking," Chidike whispers in my ear, guiding me with an iron grip on my arm. I briskly walk forward, looking anxiously around me.

        People glance at the two of us. They are probably wondering what a giant Wakandan and petite white girl are doing strolling quickly through the streets of Bucharest. Chidike lets go of my arm and I rub the sore muscle.

        Ever since Bucky's break down, I have been going, going, going, nonstop. The whole event was so striking to me. I feel sick constantly. Nauseas. Something inside me is off kilter, all of my thoughts are thrown off by the overwhelming color of anxiety. Everything is drenched in gray.

        We near the cafe. It's underneath a building that has many tan columns. Small tables sit outside, and, through a few of the columns, I see many glass windows. I stop dead in my tracks.

        Stark. Tony Stark.

        He is sitting at a small table inside. The sharp suit, goatee, and rose colored glasses, are unmistakable. Chidike almost slams into me, and would have if it wasn't for his acute awareness of his surroundings. The brawny mans brown eyes follow mine to where they are glued to Starks relaxed form. He's simply sipping espresso.

        Why is Stark here?! A simple middleman was supposed to drop the glasses off in an inconspicuous hand off. This is what Stark's head of security and Chidike agreed on over a text message. My nerves jack up to a ten, everything shifts from gray mush to red hot fire.

        Is Stark not going to give us the glasses? Why would he come all the way to Romania?

        "Wait," Chidike says gruffly to me. "Stand here." He shoves me down an alley near the cafe. I watch as he rounds the corner and goes into the door. My diaphragm heaves. The shock is still streaming through my body.

        When Chidike tall dark form comes out, I run to him, despite possible detection. "What does he want?"

        "To speak to you. Come," He pulls me towards the door. I have to listen intently to understand his heavy Wakandan accent. "We don't want anyone to see you."

        When I enter the cafe, the strong smell of coffee and exotic pastries plasters onto me. The smells weave into my clothing. Everything about the atmosphere is calming. Even the way Stark is slouching, eyebrows lifted when he sees me, stops my stomach churning. I still don't know what to expect, though.

         I smooth down my blue shirt/dress, and my sneakers scuffle across the floor. As I near the chair, Tony stands up. "Ah, Miss Ella. Thanks for meeting my humble self here. I didn't want my money going into some old therapists greedy hands, but I see you're actually hotter than expected. It must be the deeper voice." He pulls out the opposite chair for me. Well, isn't he the charmer.

        I laugh despite myself. "Uh, thanks." Taking a chair, I try to sort my thoughts and appear casual. I think I only manage to look constipated, with my arms plastered to my sides, in an effort to avoid my pit stains showing, and my twisted face. "Why are you here?" The confusion all comes out in that package of tightly spoken words.

        Stark raises his eyebrows as he takes his seat, pushing his suit jacket out behind him with a flourish. "I wanted to know whose hands my machine was falling into. You see," Stark takes a delicate sip of his espresso. "Those glasses cost me a pretty penny. And, since I was feeling so generous, I thought I would come out here and explain how to use them."

        "Ok," I say, shifting in my chair. "Well, I do have some questions about how exactly it affects the hippocampus in terms of la-"

        "Whoa there." Tony puts his hands up. "Things always sound better coming from my mouth. Let me explain. It's not as magical as it sounds."