Chapter Twelve - Revealed

Chapter Twelve 

Revealed

And my body was bruised

And I was set alight

 ~Florence + The Machine, No Light No Light

The dark haired boy sat against the back the dungeon, feet hunched to his little stomach and golden eyes trained on the operating table across from him. 

Above the body on the table, the dark haired man worked feverishly, sweat beading on his forehead, looking pensive as his gloves became more and more bloody.

A drip of the blood hit the floor, right next to the young boy's foot. 

He didn't even flinch. 

The man's eyes flickered to him - briefly - before returning to the body at hand. 

The screaming had finally stopped. Now all there was was blood. 

Suddenly, there was a creak above them and the man's deft fingers paused. Then his eyes ran to the young boy. 

"Get the scalpel. And shut the door." 

The dark haired boy didn't move - his eyes were now trained on the body's hand that had limply dropped from the table and was now hanging off the edge, pale and pasty. 

It was a girl's hands. 

"The scalpel. Now." 

The golden eyes flickered back to the man. 

There was something in them. Something cold and wise... and old. Much older than the mere five years old the boy looked. 

The man's hands froze over the body, his eyes boring into the younger male. 

A moment of unspoken air passed between them - and then the dark haired boy climbed to his feet and padded over to the lowered medical table. 

His small fingers gripped around the handle of the small knife. 

"Give it to me, boy." 

Something dark crept along the handle of the tiny knife, reflecting in the young boy's eyes. 

The he turned to face the man, who was staring at him, an intelligent, interested glint in his eyes. 

Like the boy before him was nothing more than a mere science experiment -  a pawn. And like he knew exactly what the boy would do. 

The grip on the tiny knife tightened.

Something black whispered in his ear.

Then he reached up - and placed the knife gently in the older male's hand. 

"Well done." The man's eyes twinkled, that knowing glint in his eye. "The scissors too." 

"He really is gone." Wynella whispered, walking slowly back into the flour covered kitchen-area, her dark brown, human-ish eyes wide, blinking incredulously. 

"Of course he is," Faye snapped, shooting her a glare and then sneering at Santino. "When Cale says he's going to do something, he does it. It didn't help that you antagonised him, by the way." 

Santino rolled his reddish-amber eyes at her, that mischievous, carefree grin playing at his lips once again - it seemed that as soon as the male Hunter had departed, all the fury in the Warlock's eyes had too.