Chapter 10: And Then I Fell Down

STELLA

I woke up the following morning feeling like shit. Looking in the mirror, I saw that my eyes were puffy and bloodshot red from the non-stop crying. I couldn't believe it. Alexis was gone. Forever. I shouldn't have had brung her to Carter's house. I shouldn't have tried getting my revenge. My bruises were still visible. Everyday I've tried to call her because I didn't want to believe it was true. But it was.

"God, this is all my fault". I kept repeating to myself OVER AND OVER.

I couldn't get myself to go to school anymore. Not that I didn't want too, I just was so used to seeing my bestfriend everyday that it physically hurt when I knew I couldn't.

The feeling of being so hurt that I felt it in my heart and stomach overwhelmed me everyday. I didn't even blame Carter anymore. I couldn't. This was no longer his fault. I decided to go to his house. I decided to be the hot head that ended my best friends life. I've grown distant from everybody. I refused to talk to anyone.

-----------

2 MONTHS LATER

It's now winter and my mood has barely changed. I've started going to school again but only because if I missed anymore, the government would be after my dad. Ever since I've been out the hospital, he's been worried. Alexis dying caused him to be even more worried about me. She was my life. He knew that.

Once I walked into school, I tried my best to keep it together. I've gone through classes with a couple people saying "sorry for your loss". I was able to keep myself together until "the mean girl" Samantha walked up to me.

"Hey Stella." She said approaching me. "Where's your friend Alexis?" She asked with a smirk on her face.

A feeling of anger immediately washed over me. She knew exactly where Alexis was. So, without fully thinking, I punched Samantha in her jaw. Her little minions watched in disbelief and then they attempted to come after me. I say attempted because they all missed everytime they tried throwing a punch.

First Samantha tried getting me.

"Oopsie. You missed me." I said laughing.

Then her friend Georgia did.

"Oops. You missed again."

Lastly her friend Penelope did.

"Oh come on now. You guys really are the same." I said chuckling.

Samantha ran up to me and before she could even hit me I grabbed her and slammed her against the wall.

"Missed again. Now I advise you to watch your fucking mouth around me. Next time I won't be so nice." I spoke through my teeth.

"You're as pathetic as Alexis was. You should've died with her." Samantha spat.

"I'm the pathetic one but yet you're the one up against the wall." I chuckled.

"WHAT ARE YOU GIRLS DOING?" Principal soprano yelled. "Stella let her go this instant!".

I looked at principal soprano then at Samantha. "Yes ma'am." I said as I dropped her on the ground.

"SAY YOU'RE SORRY THIS INSTANT!"

"I'm sorry?" I said. "That you're such a bitch." I muttered under my breath.

"To my office right now Stella."

"I'd watch my back if I were you." I whispered into Samantha's ear as I walked past her.

The look on her face was absolutely priceless.

"This was for you alexis." I said looking up. "This was for you."

---------------

Getting to the principal's office, I sat there without a care in the world. That bitch samantha deserved everything coming to her. Hope she learned her lesson.

"Tsk tsk tsk." Was all I heard as the principal walked into the office.

"Stella what has gotten into you? You skip school for 2 months and now you're getting into fights?"

"The bitch disrespected me. I had to show her not to mess with me."

"I know you're hurting, but this was no way to resolve this. Alexis wouldn't like who you've become. "

My anger immediately turned into tears.

"WELL IM SORRY THAT I CANT COPE WITH THE FACT THAT MY BESTFRIEND LEFT ME! IM SORRY I TRIED DEFENDING HER! IM NOT SORRY THAT THAT BITCH SAMANTHA HAD WHAT WAS COMING TO HER!!" I screamed as tears ran down my face.

I couldn't deal anymore. I ran out of the office and out of the building. I ran until I got home. Getting home I broke almost every glass that was visible. Once I've destroyed everything I could, I sat in the corner and cried. I cried until I couldn't breathe. I began feeling exhausted so I slowly walked up to my room and showered. This was the worst day of my life. I regret nothing though.

I fell asleep without knowing no longer than a few minutes later.

---------------

The next morning i fully saw the damage i had done last night. Grabbing a bag, I carefully began to clean up the broken glass. Cleaning up, I came across a picture of Alexis and I. This was an old picture from when we were only 6. Tears welled up in my eyes as memories flooded through my mind.

It seemed so unreal that I'd never see my bestfriend ever again..