Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Tristan carefully sat up in bed, taking great care not to stir Sapphire. He had come to bed to find her fast asleep. He didn't want to disturb her, knowing Alexander, he probably had worked her twice as hard when he realized he was to loose the joust. So he had let her sleep.

It had been hours now and sleep still denied him, his arousal ever so present. Tristan groaned as Sapphire turned and pressed against him.

He gritted his teeth, he would not wake her! She was tired, not to mention sore. It wouldn't be very kind on his part to wake her up for his own needs. And he could always wait. At times waiting was half the pleasure.

As Tristan tried to convince himself, fate seemed to conspire against him, annihilating his noble intentions. Sapphire moved until one long, lean leg was lazily laid across his raging erection, while her breath blew on his naked chest.

This was torture.

Intending to tamper his desire, Tristan bent down and softly placed a kiss to her parted lips, but he should have known better. That one, short kiss left him aching for more. The small taste of paradise beckoning him forward. Tristan smirked softly. He had never woken her up with kisses before. The idea was too appealing to let go.

Tristan stared at her soft features. Her ebony locks were gloriously spread out beneath her. He loved her hair, especially the way it was cut, he'd never seen hair cut as such. Her nose was small and straight. Upon closer inspection, Tristan noticed the slight bump. She had broken her nose, he would need to learn how it happened. Her brows were perfectly arched, not to thin or thick. And Tristan knew, in the sunlight her brows were a darker brown color, a shade or two lighter than her hair. Tristan looked to the ceiling before looking towards Sapphires full lips. He ran his thumb over her bottom lip, her soft breaths caressing him.

"Why do you tempt me so?" Tristan whispered in the darkness of the night, the low glow of the fire softly illuminating her features, making her more tantalizing than possible.

Tristan continued to watch her. The way her breasts would softly move with each breath, how her head rested atop his heart, her hand lazily slung over him. He marveled at the fact that she was his, his alone. He had marked her. In such a short time he had grown attached to this woman he called his wife. Life was remarkable, it had its own ways and wisdom of doing things, whether we liked it or not.

Tristan traced a finger over her brows, down her nose, across her cheek, before going lower. He bent his head and kissed her softly once, then twice, adding more pressure. Without breaking the kiss, he covered her body with his, his kisses becoming more demanding.

Sapphire slowly came awake. She felt the familiar pressure on her lips, urging her to respond. She moaned low in her throat. Even in her dreams his kisses felt real. Suddenly his lips were gone from her own, Sapphire moaned in protest. She signed happily as those sinful lips began to kiss along her jaw, down to where shoulder met neck. Her hips moved of their own accord as he nipped and kissed her sensitive flesh. The sensations were too much to be conjured by her imagination. For no amount of imagination could control her body, her every sense, the way Tristan did.

Sapphire slowly opened her eyes to find Tristan in the crook of her neck, while his hand gently massaged the area under her left breast, touching her but at the same time not.

"Tristan..?." His name left her lips in a questioning moan.

"You're awake, love." His hooded, desire filled gaze, met her own, only then did she feel the weight of his desire against her belly. Her own muscles clenched in response.

"It didn't take as long as I would have liked." Tristan whispered as he tucked a rogue strand behind her ear.

"As long as you would have liked?"