Chapter 10

Lucy's POV:

Mira is very confusing some times. What the hell is dragon season? And what that hell did she mean by 'get some ass,' I put the phone back on the receiver and begin to wonder what they were talking about when Natsu called out from the bedroom.
"Is everything alright?"

"yeah everything is fine," I walked back into the bedroom and begin gathering up some papers on my desk, "Mira and Erza were just being weird." Natsu sits up so we could use each other to lean on the bed.
"Really; what did they say?"

"Erza told me to be careful, and then I'm pretty sure MiraJane tackled her and hung up on me."

"why would Erza tell you to be careful, does she there someone is going to go after you?" I feel him start to tense up, "she knows I would never let anything happen to you."

"I don't think that's the reason, she said it was dragon season." I clarified to him

"Oh."he relaxed a bit then got really quite. Maybe he knows something about it.
"Natsu do you know any about that, cause it left me very confused."
He sifted very awkwardly," well.. you see. It's kinda hard to explain." He gulped before continuing, " you know how animals have a period of time when they try to expand there families."

"Natsu, I know about animals going into heat and mating."

"Well it's about this time when dragons mate, and it also effects dragon slayers as well." He got really silent for a second and turned my head so I could just see the corner of his face and sure enough; his cheeks were almost as pink as his hair.
"The dragon slayers go through mood swings, muscle pains, as well as sexual frustration and urges," he began to scratch the back of his neck.
"It goes on for about a week or two around this time or the year, and it started yesterday."

They way he got to embarrassed and flushed about it was so cute I couldn't help but laugh," so basically you on you dragon period."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Natsu's POV:

I couldn't believe she was laughing about this whole situation. She brushed it off so nonchalantly. And what the fuck is a period?

" what's so funny lugi, and what's a period?" This question only got a bigger giggle fest the idea of dragon slayers going into heat. I had to wait for her to calm down before I could ask her again.
"Lucy I asked you a question. What's a period?"
Her breathing begins to calm down and she wiped a tear out of her eye, " it's a thing that all women go through. We bleed for about a week straight and we suffer the same symptoms of the 'mating season'. Only we can't complain about it because it's seen as is being hormonal."

"Wait, that's why I smell blood on all the girls every once and a while. And that must suck."

"it does, so that's why I find the dragon season thing so funny."