Leah's Dancing Debut (Chapter 34)

There she was, dancing her heart out, I watched her through the glass, and she stopped looking out the window on the other side, she then turned and slid to the ground, sobbing in her hands. I went to her, my heart breaking.

I sat down next to her and pulled her to me, neither one of us spoke.

Finally once she'd stopped sobbing, she spoke, "I'm sorry Liam, I don't know if I can do this."

"After all you've been through? You can't just throw it all away."

"I can if no one thinks I can do this?"

"What? What are you talking about? What is going on with you? May, this is not at all like you..."

"Someone wrote an article about the dance tonight."

"Ah, and you took those words to heart." She nodded solemnly, "Don't you know you're so much more than that? Hm? May, you're way to hard on yourself, why can't you just accept the fact that you're an amazing dancer, and an amazing person."

"Sometimes that seems a whole lot easier than trying to convince myself otherwise. Kind of like, being forced to choose between two different guys that I love?"

"Love- I thought you didn't feel way about Rocky?"

"Me either. At least not until he told me he loved me."

"Really, he told you that?"

"Yeah." I breathed out nodding, as I looked at him.

"Are you going to be alright?" Liam moved the hair out of my face.

"I think so, how mad is everyone?"

"Not mad, just worried sick. Come on, we need to go." He stood and started to pull me up.

"Wait- pray with me?"

"Of course May." He sat back down and held my hand, "God, help keep May strong tonight, she needs all the strength, and guidance, You can give her tonight. Don't let her worry, keep her strong. We love you, amen."

(Leah's P.O.V.)

"Amen."

"Ready?" I nodded as he reached his hand out, he stood and then helped me up, we grabbed my stuff and headed back.

"Come on." He slipped his hand into mine as we walked in the back door, "It'll be okay." He whispered in my ear and gave my hand a slight squeeze, I nodded and started walking.

"Leah!" Everyone yelled as they saw me, running over to me.

"Are you alright?" Nathan looked me up and down.

"I am now." I smiled at my brother holding his hand, then I realized they had already started the program.

"Don't worry, they've got one more act before you guys go on. Come on though, we need to fix your makeup." Rydel told me, quickly pulling me away.

"You look so beautiful sis." Liam kissed my cheek after Rydel had worked her magic.

"Leah?" I glanced at Riker.

"Can we talk?" Asked Rocky, I nodded, leaving my brother and the others going over to the side with them. We all sat down on the chairs backstage.

"First off, do you still want to do this?" Riker asked reaching for my hand, I took it and gave it a tiny squeeze.

"Yeah, I do." I nodded smiling, "and I'm sorry guys." I took Rocky's hand in my other hand, I squeezed his too.

"It's okay, we understand. Leah, we feel awful about everything- we know we haven't had much of a chance to talk about it, trying to only stay focused on the show and nothing else- but we're sorry."

"Yeah, for everything." Riker added to Rocky's words.

"Thank you, are you guys ready to do this?" I asked looking between the both of them.

"The real question is, are you ready to do this?" Riker raised his eyebrows, Rocky doing the same.

"Yes." I laughed, "I am."

"Great, let's pray." Rocky suggested and we bowed our heads, "Lord, please help calm our nerves tonight. We're all nervous and we need you right now. Guide us, help everything to run smoothly, we know you're with us. Amen."

"Amen." Riker and I nodded.

"You're next!" Nathan told us, and I hugged him before telling him to go take his seat, "Good luck." He whispered in my ear, and left us.

"Ready?" I looked at them as they both held my hand, they nodded, as Kirk welcomed us and we walked out onto the stage, I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and waited on the song to start...

AFTER THE DANCE...

The crowd cheered loudly, as we got a standing ovation, we were the last performance of the night, I hugged both of the boys before getting off the stage. I had no words as I made it backstage.

"You did it Leah!" Both of them exclaimed.

"No-" I shook my head, "we did it!" I laughed the tears still falling down their faces too. Riker pointed for me to turn around, and there stood my brother.

"Come here." He said just above a whisper, his eyes were red- I knew he'd been crying, I ran to him.

"You did it, I am so proud of you May." He whispered in my ear, once he let me go my parents congratulated me, my little sister too.

"I think we need to celebrate." Annie suggested as we all chimed in agreement, so we headed to a steakhouse, with everyone- even Nathan's parents, along with the entire R5 bunch including Julianne and Derek, then, Andrea and Trey. James who'd also seen my performance, plus Jake, Talia, and Darla had also came too.

"We heard about your little disappearance tonight." Alice commented.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry."

"Honey, it happens to the best of us." She waved me off.

"Well thank you Kirk and Alice, for everything." I looked around at the table- everyone was laughing and having a good time, I stood, "Excuse me, I have something I want to say." Everyone stopped what they were doing, "I owe you all an apology- especially for tonight. I know I scared a lot of you, and I'm sorry. But I just wanted to say thank you, for everything. I know I've screwed up, many, many times- but you've all stood by me. I am so grateful for you all, and I don't know what I would do without any of you in my life, you've changed everything, thank you." They all clapped at my little speech as I sat back down, tears falling down my face for the third time tonight.

MONDAY...

(Liam's P.O.V.)

I stared at Allison as she played peekaboo with Jamie, making him squeal, and she laughed.

"I love you Allie, you and Jamie." I put my arm around her and kissed her forehead.

"I love you too Liam." She looked up at me, and that's when I knew it. She was the one for me, I wanted to marry her.

"Oh, it's getting late- I need to get to my job."

"Okay, bye baby." I pecked her lips, "Bye Jamie." I waved at him as they went out the door.

"You and Allie are getting so much closer." Leah commented as she came into the kitchen.

"Yeah, I want to marry her."

"What?!" I grinned as she gave me a shocked look, "You're serious?!" I nodded, she ran to me throwing her arms around my neck.

"That's amazing Liam!"

"I know, but I need help with this. Are you in?"

"Are you kidding?! Of course I am!" I laughed at her, But are you sure you and her are really ready for this?"

"I know I don't want to wait any longer to make her mine."