My Brother's Engaged. (Chapter 35)

MONDAY...

"I STILL can't find the perfect ring." Liam groaned as we walked out of yet another ring store.

"Liam, we'll find it eventually." I tried convincing him of this as we hopped back into the car.

"There's one last place we can try, it's that one where you went with George- you said they had a nice selection." He shrugged and I started the car hoping we would find the ring.

"Hi, how may I help you?" A woman behind the counter asked as we entered.

"Well, we've been to nine different ring stores, and he still can't find that perfect ring." I explained as Liam reluctantly looked around.

"Ahh, so who's the lucky lady?"

"Her name is Allison." He looked right at her as he said the words, not giving me a chance to reply and as he said those words, I saw love, such a pure strong love that he felt for Allie.

"She sounds special."

"She is, I just want her to know that." She smiled warmly at him.

"How long have you known each other?"

"A couple of months now, and I'm crazy about her- I know she's the one for me. I can't let her slip through my fingers." He gulped tears forming in his eyes.

'Wow, I never knew he felt that strongly about her.' I teared up just thinking about it.

"Wait- May, come look at this one." I hurried over, seeing his determination as the woman pulled out the beautiful ring, describing it, saying who designed it, and how much it cost- but it seemed none of that mattered to Liam, he was only thinking of Allie, and I knew this.

"It's perfect, this is the perfect ring. What do you think May?" He smiled at me.

"I honestly think she'll love it. That's the ring Liam." I nodded grinning at him.

"Great. We'll take it." After he paid for the ring, we headed out for lunch, discussing the plan for the proposal.

"I've already invited her for a late night picnic, Thursday night, at the park where we'd gone on our first date to watch the sunset, I want to propose to her as the sun goes down. But for this to work, I need someone to come and play the guitar so I can sing a song for her, and then I'll propose." He told me.

"Okay- I can talk to Ross." I shrugged, figuring he was the one to ask.

"Great. I hope she says yes." I reached over and put my hand on top of his as he looked up at me.

"She will, as long as she loves you as much as you love her."

"Thanks May." He gave me a genuine smile, "Now all I have to do is talk with her Father."

"But how are you going to do that?"

"I'm calling them and setting up a lunch with her parents tomorrow."

THE NEXT DAY...

I called up Ross, and he agreed to do it- saying he wanted to practice with Liam first before it all went down.

(Liam's P.O.V.)

I nervously pulled up to the fancy restaurant where I'd be meeting Allie's parents, although it wasn't like we were strangers- I'd had lunch with them each before- with their daughter, just on separate occasions. I entered and saw them at a nearby table, and apologized for being late as I took my seat, I ordered my drink and food- already knowing what I wanted, as well did her parents.