She's that Chick

My second day is better than my first as I met Bambi, her real name is Beatrice Biazon. She prefers to be called Bambi rather that Bea, which according to her is overrated na, we’ve got majorities of our subjects alike kaya we spend the whole day together and instantly became friends. She’s funny and ma-kwento kaya masarap siyang kasama. Felt like matagal na kaming magkakilala.

Days.. weeks went by and we grew closer. I met her family na and she met my dad. We would usually hang out sa campus and even outside, instant bestfriends kaming dalawa. She guided me since she’s been in La Salle na for almost two years. She’s just a few months older and kahit na sobrang kulit and bubbly nya, she treated me din as a younger sister.

“So ano, are we going to watch ba the game?” Bambi asked me right after we got dismissed from our last period that day.

“I don’t know, I have to ask dad pa if he will allow me, meron kasi kaming dinner sa house nila lola bukas eh,” I said collecting my stuff. She is asking me if we will watch ba the UAAP basketball game tomorrow as the Green Archers are going to play on the opening day. Speaking of Archers, I haven’t seen Jeron again since that incident or any of the basketball players, mali pala yung ina-assume namin dati ng friends kong sina Tin, Hayds, and Maya na if we study in La Salle we get to see them every day. Haha. Ambisyosa lang!

“Samahan mo na lang akong daanan si Cath before tayong umuwi, I need to hand over another ticket pa sa kanya eh.” Paglalambing ni Bambi.

“Okay, sige na nga.” I said and walk with her palabas. “Saan ba tayo?”

“She said she’s in Razon.

“Bakit doon?” kinabahan ako, naku makikita ko pa yata si Jeron, well, gusto ko naman talaga siya makita and the rest of the archers, pero syempre nahihiya pa din ako baka akalain nya na isa ako sa mga naghahabol na mga babae sa kanila, oo totoo, pero after what I did to him, nag inarte pa ako di ba?

Sana walang practice ang archers ngayon.

“She’s watching kasi yung practice ng team,” Bambi said excitedly.

OMG!

Kill me now!

Bakit ba kasi mahilig din sa basketball ang nakuha kong kaibigan.

Paano na ‘to ngayon? “Uy, hatid lang kita ha,” I said trying to make palusot.

“And why is that?” she said almost dragging me to the building.

“I need to buy a dress pa kasi for tomorrow.”

“Hintayin mo na ako, sandali lang ako, promise!” she said.

Hay, knowing Bambi, her sandali would usually take ages.

Sana tapos na yung practice, I silently prayed.

As we approached the gym, I can’t hear na any shoes screeching on the floor, hopefully that means practice is over na. Medyo nakahinga na ako ng maluwag.

Pero entering the gym is a different story, looks like practice is over na nga pero all of the players are still there pa din preparing to leave pa lang. Hay, kulang pala yung prayer ko kanina, I should have said practice is over and the players are already gone na. Napailing na lang ako. Bahala na si Batman.

“Lika, Cath is there,” Bambi tugged on me as she spotted Cath seated at the back of the team’s bench.

Can’t this day get any better?!

Ano ba naman itong si Catherine, sa sobrang luwag ng gym doon pa talaga sa likod ng bench ng players pumwesto.

“Hi,” bati ni Cath ng makalapit kami sa kanila. “Tapos na ang class nyo?” Cath is always so sweet and smiling. Classmate siya ni Bambi nung high school and we became friends na din although hindi kami madalas magkasama because she’s taking a different course pero whenever we find time, magkakasama kami in or out the campus.