50

So I've probably talked about how hard it is to be a Montreal Canadiens fan in Toronto but I feel the need to share this story.

  So for my business class, (I'm in 1st year university) we had to stand up in front of the class and just talk about anything for 2 mins so of course I talked about hockey and then as soon as I mentioned the Habs about 30 seconds in, I got a couple of boo's from the crowd. Then I decided to talk about one of the longest rivalries of 2 original six teams, aka Toronto & Montreal.

I started off nicely saying how it was because the cities are relatively close in proximity and are in the same division and then when there was about 20 seconds left I just started roasting on Toronto saying they haven't won a cup since 1967 and I might have mentioned that they don't have a goalie. 😬

Then I talked about how lucky Toronto was to get the #1 pick, Auston Matthews and how talented he's going to be. I mentioned his first game as a leaf and how he scored 4 goals which has never happened and then I may have pointed out that the leafs still lost the game. I mean how sad is it when a rookie can score 4 goals in their first NHL game yet their team still loses. "Welcome to Toronto Auston!"

I finished the presentation stating that the Toronto Maple Leafs have 2 wins, 7 losses while the Montreal Canadiens have 8 wins and a measly overtime loss so far in the season.

I think my professor, who went to university in Montreal, was impressed to say the least. 😏👍🏻