Chapter 24

Alex's POV

I leaned against my door, feeling my heart ache. Loud whimpers escaped my lips as tears cascaded endlessly down my cheeks. I could care less who could hear me now. I pulled my legs closer to my chest, my body trembling violently. I couldn't believe it... how could he? I wanted to scream and yell. I wanted to break something and hit someone. I loved him and he... he doesn't. I was nothing to him. I was such a loser...

I looked on top of my bed to find a red bow and a skate board. I crawled toward it, pulling it down. The board was made up of different pieces, like a collage. I turned it over to find a picture of us imprinted into the middle. Under it was a caption:

When you fall, I'll always be there to catch you. No matter the distance. No matter the struggles. I love you, Alex.

I could feel tears rushing down my cheeks once more. My heart hurt and my body hurt. If he loved me, how could he do that to me?

"Alex open the door!" I hear Chris yell from the front. I calmed myself quickly, trying to hide any trace of heart break. I brushed back my hair into a messy pony tail and checked to make sure my face was as close to normal as possible. Clearing my throat, I opened the front door to find Chris frowning. I couldn't keep it in. As soon as he engulfed me, I broke down again. He carried me to the couch and rubbed my back, trying to sooth me.

"I'm so sorry Alex, this is all my fault." He whispered holding me tighter. I continued to cry into the crook of his neck. It wasn't entirely Chris's fault. Elias didn't have to kiss Victoria. He could have just listened to me. But he didn't... We sat there for what felt like forever as I felt my body grow heaver. My eye lids couldn't stay open anymore. I let myself drift to sleep in Chris's arms.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

I opened my eyes slowly, trying to adjust them to the light. An arm was numbly wrapped around my shoulders. I looked up to see Chris sleeping. Looking around, I realized I was in my room. I rubbed my eyes and slipped gently out of Chris's grasp hoping not to wake him. I tip toed to the kitchen to see my dad eating cereal. He looked up at me smiling.

"Good morning sunshine." He mumbled through his food.

"Morning?" I said questionably. I guess Chris stayed last night which was surprising because my dad rarely ever let him stay the night.

"How are you feeling?" He asked sounding concerned. Oh, that's why. I shrugged joining him at the table. I watched him eat, not feeling hungry one bit.

"I'm fine I guess. Thanks for letting Chris stay." I half smiled. He nodded looking through his phone.

"He said you really needed him, so I thought something was up. Do you want to talk about it?" He asked. My dad and I rarely had good conversation, but when we did, he always knew what to say.

"Basically Elias and I broke up. We both had some misunderstandings and we just... I don't know." I sighed shaking my head. Dad nodding putting down his phone. He stretched out his legs under the table, crossing his arms across his chest.

"Well, guys make mistakes sweetheart, like A LOT of mistakes." He joked. I cracked a smile, scooting closer to him. "But we always admit them. Whatever Elias did shouldn't cost you the relationship, especially when you both are at fault. Although Elias and I had a rough start, I could tell that kid really likes you. He was here last night on the porch." He said. My heart flipped when I realized he'd stayed almost six hours outside waiting for me.

"What did he say?" I asked eagerly. My dad smirked pulling me into a warm hug.

"Maybe you should go ask him. And go easy on him will you? I already threatened to beat the shit out of him if he ever hurt my little girl again." He chuckled but I knew he was serious. I hugged him tightly before letting go.

"Thanks dad." I said before kissing his cheek. I ran to my room to find Chris starting to wake up.

"What's going on?" He yawned. I hurried into my closet and changed into a pair or red shorts and a Pierce the Veil singlet. I pulled my hair into a pony tail before slipping on my black and white high tops.

"I'll be back." I rushed before grabbing my board. I grabbed my phone and texted Elias to meet me at the park, no questions asked. As soon as I got to the park, I saw Elias sitting by the lake tossing in rocks. I slowed down, catching my breath. I took in a deep breath before sitting beside him. He looked up at me, his emotions swarming loosely in his eyes. His expression seemed almost blank, but I could still find a trace of hurt behind those beautiful brown eyes.

"If you're just going to yell at me, save your breath. I already got it from have the earth's population." He sighed looking at the lake. My heart began to ache as I watched him heart broken. And I broke his heart. I slipped my hand into his looking out into the lake. I could see him staring at me from the side, but I continued to look forward. He intertwined his hands tightly around mine and we sat their quietly watching a group of ducklings swim by. He slid closer to me wrapping his arm around my shoulders, keeping our hands locked. His heart beat softly against my shoulder, soothing me.

"I'm sorry." He whispered against my ear, sending chills down my spine. I looked up at him and pecked him softly on the lips.

"I'm sorry too." I whispered before kissing him once more. He engulfed me into his arms and I finally realized something. I never understood how couples could forgive each other for things like this, but that's because I never understood how love worked. Now, I realized you'd do anything for the people you loved despite how much they hurt you. I really did love Elias and I'd never regret it. He'd always be my everything, my soul-mate. I didn't care how love sick I sounded because to him, I was his everything, his soul-mate. And that... that was enough for me to hold onto.