010

When Monday came around, Anthony still didn't show up to the café. She went to work disappointed again, and continued to feel guilty for it. He shouldn't feel obligated to do anything for her, and she knew he didn't. She mentally chastised herself for feeling so attached so him. All her thoughts were tossed to the wind, however, when her work phone rang a few minutes before she planned on taking her lunch break. She picked up the corded phone and placed it to her ear.

"Hello, this is Sasha," she said, even though she knew by the extension that it was the secretary.

"Hey, Sasha!" she said in her ever chipper voice. "Somebody is here to see you. He said he knows you. Should I let him up?"

Sasha thought for a moment. She didn't really know anyone, but it could have been a previous client. "Go ahead and send them up," she said, her voice slightly suspicious.

A few minutes later, a knock sounded on her small ofice's door. She called to let them in, minimizing the tabs that contained client work. The door slowly opened, a familiar, brown haired man entering the room. She stood up out of her chair, a smile blooming on her face.

"Anthony, hi," she said, trying to hide the fact that she was rather excited. "What are you doing here?" she asked, genuinely curious.

"I j-just wanted to pay you back," he said, lifting up a paper bag she hadn't noticed. He walked closer to her, a light smell coming from the bag. It smelled amazing. "I hope you l-like Chinese food," he added, chuckling lightly.

¤¤¤

Sasha eventually brought an extra chair into her office, and they sat on either sides of her desk, facing toward each other. He had bought quite a bit of food, though she was grateful. She was starving, having not eaten a proper meal in a while. She watched as Anthony placed small boxes of food on her desk, telling her what was in each one as he did so. She somehow managed to wait for him to tell her to eat before doing so. She picked up a box of chow mein and a pair of chopsticks, happily eating some.

"Thank you so much," she said before taking her first bite.

"No problem," he said with a smile, eyes watching her. She suddenly felt self conscious, but continued as if nothing was happening.

"So," she said after a few moments of quiet. "How are you feeling? Are you still kind of sick, or not so much?"

"M-much better, thank you," he said, scratching his ear. "I'm no longer c-contagious, so that's good."

"That's good, I'm glad!" she said, setting down the chow mein and curiously picking up a new box. Inside was orange chicken, which she gladly ate. She saw Anthony open up a different box, containing a bright red something. She leaned forward a bit, trying to figure out what it was.

"You w-want some?" he asked, humor evident in his voice. She looked up at him, nodding her head. He smiled, pulling a piece out. He held it out toward her. With a slight blush, she leaned forward and ate it off his chopsticks. Gracious, she was awkward.

"That's so good!" she said after she had swallowed. "What is it?"

"Sweet and s-sour chicken," he replied, picking up a piece for himself.

"Anthony, I think we have a problem," she said, voice serious. He stopped mid chew, looking up at her with a worried expression. It took all her containment not to laugh. She leaned closer as if she had a secret to tell. "I think I might get fat off of this food you brought me. And I think I might enjoy it." At that, he burst out in laughter.

"I-if it helps," he began, after swallowing his food, "I think I might as well."

Sasha let out a light laugh. "Well, I'm glad we can agree on that." She finished what she was saying, reaching across to steal another piece of chicken. She placed it in her mouth, unable to hide her smile. She was glad he was back.

____________________
Thank you so much for reading! I can't believe we're basically half-way through! I hope you have an awesome day, you gorgeous person!