Fate's plans

I doodled on my notebook as me and the rest of the class waited for our homeroom teacher to come in.

"Hey, Bri," Cy called me at the same time she poked my arm. I simply replied with a hum, prompting her to continue. "They said we have a transferee.. and a hottie."

I shrugged. "Oh yeah? A month of classes have passed. Wished that poor transferee could catch up." I said uninterested.

"Didn't you hear me. They say it's a hottie!"She yelled silently, loud enough for only me to hear.

I stopped drawing ruffles to the skirt of my doodled dress and looked at her. "Heard ya loud and clear, Cy. It's just that I don't care." I said in a now- please- shut- up- because- I'm- busy tone trying to dismiss her.

She opened her mouth to argue further but was stopped as  the classroom door flew open and showed a woman in her mid twenties, hair tied in a loose bun and holding a few stack of folders in her arms- our teacher.

The student in charge for the everyday greetings stood up and commanded. "Everyone stand. Bow." We all stood and bowed our heads and then we all said in unison. "Good morning, Tadashi-sensei." Our teacher bowed his head a little and said, "Good morning class. Take your seat."

We sat back on our seats and took our books for the first subject- Math. I frowned at the mere thought as I imagined new formulas to remember and problems to solve. The teacher prepared her necessary things to start the class.

I didnt bother to listen since I wouldnt even understand her even if I try and just continue my doodle. I took out my colored ballpens and colored my masterpiece. After five minutes of me just doodling and not listening to the discussion of our teacher, someone knocked on our class' door making our teacher halt in her discussion. She excused herself and move towards the door. She opened it a little and talk to whoever was outside.

After a while a paper was handed to her. She read the contents of the said paper and look at the person who perhaps handed the paper and gestured to the person outside to wait for a bit. She went back to her table and faced us. "So class, I was just informed that we have a new student and will be your classmate until the end of term." Cy nudge me and I glanced at her and saw her with a I-told-you-so look. I rolled my eyes. "You may now come in and introduce yourself."

As that sentence left the teachers mouth a boy entered the room. A few gasps was heard as my girl classmates, including Cy, oggled at him. I look at him. He has quite long black hair ending just a little above his jaw. He had a lean body which suited him and a cream skin tone. He's six feet tall and very good looking. But what really caught my attention was his eyes. They're beautiful but much to my dismay the pair of ocean blue eyes were dull and lifeless. But it seemed very familiar to me. 'Wonder where I saw that.' I thought as I tried to remember.

"Kimura Kenji. 16." He briefly introduced himself that made me snapped out of my daze. His voice seemed familiar as well, although it was a bit stern and dull just like his eyes. His facial expression was stoic, as if everything around him does not interest him.

"Okay.." Our teacher trailed off intimidated by the man of few words. "Would you like to further introduce yourself? Just so your classmates gets to know you more?" Tadashi- sensei queried which was replied with a deadpanned stare. The teacher smiled awkwardly and pointed at my side. "Take a seat at the vacant one near the door so I could start the class."

The transferee, Kimura-san, nod and sat beside me- since it was the only vacant seat in class- without a word. I saw him in the corner of my eye- since I dont wanna be misunderstood of oggling at the new transfer cause I really am not- lean on his chair as he looked in front of the class where their teacher continued blabbing about their lesson. I saw few of my female classmates threw daggers at me using their eyes, as they were envious that I get to sit next to him. It's not like its my fault and its not like I care. I focused on our teacher who is now solving a sample problem on the board. I silently copied it in my notebook.

"Who thought I'd see you here.. of all places." He mumbled which I heard.

I looked at him to see who he's talking to- which is funny by the way since I'm the only seatmate he has because he is sitting at the edge of the room near the door- and saw him looking at me. I look over to my front and side but I saw no one looking back at him. I look at him again but in a confused look.

His forehead creased as he saw my reaction. A second later, his eyes flickered with something I cannot tell but I swear I felt shivers down my spine. He smirked at me. "Guess you dont remember. Interesting. This sure is going to be fun." He said as he placed his elbow on his desk and rested his chin on the back of his palm. He smiled darkly.

My eyebrows raises up, intrigued by his weird statement. I decided to ignore him and continue writing down notes.

'What a peculiar guy.' I thought. He acts like he knows me, but I dont. I glanced at his direction again and still saw him staring at me together with a smirk. I frowned at him.

"Staring is rude." I said coldly.

"I dont care." He retorted.

"I do so please stop it."

His smirked grew into a mocking grin. "Oh, I love how fate works."

"O..kay?" I said confused and ignored his entire presence until the end of the class.

~~~

Word count: 1019

8000 words to go. See ya next people!