Slap of reality

I took a deep breath before sliding the door to our classroom open. I silently prayed that I wont see him inside just yet. I am not ready and I dont know if I can hold my tears in front of him if he would be rude to me today.

I slide the door open and internally danced as I saw an empty room without a Kenji inside that I would certainly need to avoid. I sat on my seat and rest my head on my table as I waited for the class to start.

***

I wonder where he is? Its recess time but still no sign of him. Is he sick? Did he took an absent today? I frowned and mentally slapped my self for even trying to wonder where he was when it was actually beneficial for me since I dont have to find a way to avoid him. I stood from my seat and moved to walk out of the room.

"Where are you going, Bri?" Cy asked when she saw me stood up. I looked at her and smiled faintly.

"Just want to get some fresh air. Garden perhaps. Want to come with?" I asked. She shook her head side to side and shoo me like a fly. I shrugged and left the room.

***

I walked  towards the garden to get some fresh air. Yesterday was a mess. I dont know how to act casual in front of him anymore. I sighed and looked at my shoes making the tip tap sounds that fills the silent air.

"What do you want." I heard a voice said. The voice was all too familiar. I slowly walked closer to the source of the voice and peeked my head  through a wall of bush. I stiffened when I saw the owner of the familiar voice. Its Kei! My eyes wondered around the gazebo and saw that he was not alone. A girl is with her.

"What? Is it bad to visit you special someone now?" The girl asked playfully. My heart squeezed in pain. Special someone? So he has a girlfriend already. Well, that was painful..

"Well, I know you need something else. So spit it out!" Kei hissed impatiently back at the girl.

"Take me to the mall, Kenji!!" My heart shattered into pieces as I saw the girl glomping Kenji and he didnt even do anything to push her away. Giving you the idea that they might be together. I bit my lip as I felt my eyes heat up.

(Kenji's POV)

Serena glomped into me and I felt like choking her but I stopped myself from doing so. I sighed in defeat and look out at the garden entrance and my eyes widen in shock for a brief moment before it returned into a stoic look. Standing at the entrance near the wall of bushes was Briannie. Eavesdropping at our conversation, eh? I smirked. Then let me give you an entertainment as you did give one yesterday.

(Back to my POV)

I saw Kenji hold the girl's shoulder and move her away from him but not too far. Just so he could see her face.

"Why would I do that, Serena?" I looked at the girl. Did he just call her Serena.. Then that girl must be---

"Stupid! Because Im your fiancee, thats why." She said with a giggle.

My heart sank. This is too much for me. I wanted to get some fresh air to calm my nerve. Not something that would cause me pain and cry again. I clutch the part where my heart lies. Trying to sooth the sting away while forcing myself not to cry and walk away from this painful scene. But my feet continue to root itself to the ground.

I saw Kenji smile. "Well.. indeed you are." He raised his hand to caress Serena's cheek. His hand then slid down to her waist which successfully give my heart a bullet of pain. He pulled her by the waist and the next thing I saw made my tears flow like rain. My vision blurred and finally my feet moved on my will and I ran away from the scene as fast as my weakened knees can take me.

The Life I've ThrownOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara