Chapter 9

Kyle's POV

“So the wolf was Steven right?” I asked bewildered. 

“Yes.” She said with a smile. 

“So he just turned you? He’s an Alpha, he would have known that a shifter’s saliva in wolf form not only heals but turns a human.  I mean everyone knows that!”

She shrugged, “I don’t really care that he did it know that I’ve been with him so long, but back then,  I was so pissed with him.  I ended up shifting that night and waking up that next morning human.  I didn’t have any memory besides the pain, but I wouldn’t have the memories anyways of shifting for the first time because I had already been knocked out by the pain.”

“So then when did you find out he was your mate and that he had changed you?”

She laughed, “Oh boy, you ask the good questions don’t you? Well…

I woke up in the cave disoriented and really freaked out about how I ended up in a cave in the first place.  I guess I hoped that getting lost in a forest was all just a bed dream and I was really tucked safely away underneath the covers.

“How are you feeling?” A man asked.

I backed quickly against the cave wall.  How did he know about this cave and why wasn’t he demanding why I was here in the first place.

“What do you want? Why am I here? Can you take me home?” I paused when my stomach growled, “Do you have any food?” Stupid! You don’t ask weird men for food or take it in the first place.  I was pulled out of my reverie when I heard the growling noise. 

“Is the wolfie back?” I asked, excited to see my new friend again.  Looking around I couldn’t find him and I frowned. “Where is he?”

The man gave me a weird look, “You aren’t afraid of the wolf? Usually humans find them frightening…” he drifted off.

Humans? Was he on drugs or something? He threw a blue backpack at my feet and I zipped it open curiously.  Inside was an array of fruits that were native to this region. I raised an eyebrow.  It was like he was expecting me to be here when he showed up.  I guess he wasn’t a kidnapper, since I came here on my own free will, granted I was actually led by a wild animal in the first place.

“Eat up; you’ll need your strength.” He spoke.

“What will I need my strength for? Are we going somewhere? What is your name?” I fired out. 

“It’s Steven.”

“That’s it? No last name? That’s all you can give me? No good morning how are you doing? Fine, be that way.” I pulled out a ripe banana and began to peel it open.

He sighed in defeat, “It’s Steven Watcher and I’m your mate.”

“My who?”

“Your mate.  You are the other half of my soul and since your human, it makes it easier for me pick up who you are to me.  A regular wolf would just feel primal attraction if the species was the same.  Any-who, you are most definitely my mate.”

I blinked, “Regular wolf?”

He snapped his mouth shut but then opened it again, “I’m a shifter, as in man who can turn into an animal.  Not a werewolf, werewolves don’t exist, shifters on the other hand do, and have nothing to do with the moon besides that it is used for rituals.”