Chapter 23

Katy’s POV

Yet here I was, two days later, still stuck in this cell.  At least they fed me, and the electricity was gone from the bars. A mark of good faith I suppose.

 Of course I was still planning on killing them both once they let me out of this cell though.  Thankfully, I was beginning to feel my wolf again.  Good news since I was starting to worry that I had lost her.  Already I could feel some of the minor injuries on my arms start to heal and turn pink with new skin. 

 One of the things that I have also been able to regain since then was my hearing.  So when the door opened at the end of the hallway I was able to jump off my bed and stand attention.

“Can I be let out yet Neil? I’m going stir crazy just sitting in this itty bitty room for the last couple of days!” I called out to Neil.

Neil wasn’t the one to come to a halt in front of my room though.  It was Kyle.  OMG Kyle is here.  I was being rescued. But then I saw the blood dripping onto the floor around Kyle.  Even with the wounds though, he was able to pry apart the bars enough to haul his body through.

“Kyle!” I shrieked as he staggered into my prison room.  He looked as if he had been tossed into a meat grinder a few times before finally being spit out into a pirana infested pool. 

A relieved expression transformed his face, even despite the fact that his blood was now dripping onto the bleached white tile.  That didn’t stop him though from rushing towards me and bringing me into a hug before releasing me and then pushing me backwards to take in every detail.

“Katy, are you okay?” he asked, eyeing the pink skin and some of the bruises that were almost faded away.  I was just thankful that he couldn’t see the wounds that were so much worse underneath the gown.

“Fine enough.  What about you?” I wanted to jump back into his arms and just hold him close but I was afraid that I would only hurt him more.  That and the fact that we couldn’t afford to wait around in the cell.  That was just asking for trouble to come.

He grinned at me and to me, it felt like a small piece of Heaven. “Just a few flesh wounds.” He shrugged.

I snorted, and muttered, “Men.”

He laughed but grabbed my hand all the same and I followed him into the hallway.  Still reveling in being close to my mate, I didn’t realize that he had stopped until I ran into him.

Hissing I looked up to see that he had stopped to look at me. “What?” I asked curiously.

“Did you really join sides with them?”

“Yes.” I said, “they had me three days Kyle.  Only one of those was spent screaming.”

In a quieter voice I said, “I didn’t want to scream in pain anymore Kyle.” I walked passed him and opened the door to the stairwell and started down them.

Silently he followed behind. 

Halfway down I heard growling and the howls of pain coming from underneath me.  I looked at Kyle, “What is that.”

“Your brother, Cameron.  He’s holding off Tyler while I went to find you.  Which wasn’t too difficult now that I think about it.” He said almost as an afterthought.

“It wasn’t like he would have guards,” I told him, “it would draw to much attention and blow his cover that the hospital wasn't abandoned as it should be.”

He nodded and we continued down the stairs, this time faster since I wanted to make sure Cameron was okay.

“He’s fine Katy.” Kyle tried to reassure me.