World Cup

(Gabrielle's pov)
Today is Wednesday, also Day 2 of living with the Barnett's. Tonight will be my first soccer practice as a single girl. Kyndel's team practices next to my team so I'm forced to see him every Wednesday as is. But now, since we live together my mom is making us carpool too. School went by fairly quickly today. We barely did anything eventful, just pages upon pages of work. I'll be happy today when I finally get to practice. It's like my second home, that soccer park. I love practice because my team is always making jokes during breaks, and my coach always makes practices fun. And we always do a small game of 7 on 7 at the end with one goal and I'm the goalkeeper. Anyways, back to reality.
I slip on my cleats and slide in my shin guards. Just as I'm about to put my stuff in the trunk, Jack comes running out and takes it to the car for me.
"Hey to you too!" I call out at him.
"Might as well pack if I'm going with" He yells back.
"You going to see Kyndel's practice?" I ask.
"Nope. Yours" he replies. I smile an jump in the back row of the minivan with him. We chat as we wait for my mom and the devils spawn.
My mom pops in and starts the car. We sit in the driveway for another five minutes before Kyndel pops in as well. He sets his stuff in the front and then heads toward me and Jack.
"Move over babe" he says to me as he scoots me in the middle of him and Jack.
"Oh you two are so cute!" My mom remarks as she looks at Kyndel and I.
"Uh mom--" I'm cut off.
"Thanks, Mrs. Johansen!" He says in a peppy voice and smiles back at me with that same sinister smile he had when he came into my room. I glare at him and he only smirks more.
"Cool it Kyndel" Jack demands.
"Shhh. Don't want poor Gabi's mom to hear the news" he whispers to his brother. After 30 minutes of awkward silence, and exchanging glances back and forth, we finally reach the field. I immediately head to my team and get as far away from devils spawn as I possibly can. Jack follows and hangs near a light post next to the field where he watches up do our warm ups. I look over to see Kyndel's team beginning to run laps around the field. My team was the first to know about the break up. They all have my back because we're all basically sisters to each other. As his team passes us, Kyle, Kyndel's best friend who kicked the crap out of Jack, and the devil himself make their way around us. Everyone on my team shoots glances as sharp as daggers at the two. They just laugh and continue on.
After the warm up, my coach gathers us around him. "Ok today girls, we are doing a friendly match for practice" he pauses and everyone gets excited, "against the boys who practice next to us!" He says cheerfully. *insert face palm here* I think as my whole team looks at me and then back at the coach.
"Now, these boys are juniors and you all are freshmen, but I will assure you, they will not hurt any of you." He assures us.
"Yep they would never hurt us" I udder under my breath sarcastically. I look over to the boys team as they are being delivered the same news. A big smirk comes across the anxious faces of ours truly, Kyndel and Kyle.
Dammit. The one escape I had for the week is gone.
We quickly take our positions. I go back into the goal and Kyndel takes his place in the defense. Kyle goes front and center as the striker and takes the kick off. Instantly, he dribbles past three of my teammates and then passes to another one of him teammates. They pass back and forth until they come within shot range when I make the bold move and run towards the ball. I slide tackle Kyle and he over exaggerates a fall. The whistle is blown and his coach places the ball where he claims I fouled him. Four of my players stand near the ball. I get ready for the shot.
"Switch 1-2" Kyle calls. Kyndel quickly runs up to the ball. My team gets confused, but holds their position. Kyle moves away and Kyndel passes him the ball. Kyle draws his foot back and whacks the ball into the top left corner, catching me off guard. 1-0 them. I retrieve the ball from the goal and when I turn around I see Kyndel in my face. He takes the ball from my hands and runs it to the kick off line. I look over to Jack to find him cringe and mouth the word "sorry".
Kickoff part 2 begins and this time we start with the ball. Morgan, the forward on my team, dribbles past one of their players and passes it to Isabella. She dribbles the midfielders then faces Kyndel. Unaware of his speed, she kicks the ball ahead of her and devil child and it's a footrace to the ball. He must've beaten her by two seconds to the ball, which is a lot of time in soccer. He quickly turns and boots it up to Kyle, who also beats my defenders. It's a 1 on 1 between me and him. He dribbles close and I begin to run out at him. Careful to not foul him, I dive at his feet once more and take the ball away from him. He jumps over me to avoid falling. "Nice Gabrielle!!" The team shouts at me.
"Damn, you're not bad." Kyle says to me as he gets up. Wait wait wait...? Did he just compliment me? This must be him messing with my mind. I refocus on the game and punt the ball back into the field. "Nice punt!" I hear Jack call from the lamppost. I smile. The ball goes back and forth for a few minutes until it is passed back to Kyndel. He beats a few players and makes a break for goal with the ball. Gladly, I step out, ready for my infamous slide tackle. As I slide, he fakes me out and dribbles around me, instant goal. 2-0. Damn.
"Shake it off Gabi!" I hear Morgan say.
"Come on girls!" I say, hoping to encourage my team. Kyndel mocks me and Morgan goes up to him. "Shut your lame-ass mouth before I shut it for you." She threatens. God I love my team at this moment.
"I'd like to see you try" Kyndel responds.
We kick off for the third time. Morgan takes it herself and dribbles past everyone until she gets to Kyndel. Using the same method Isabella did, she taps the ball past her and devils spawn. Before he can take off, she trips him from behind and he face plants. The coach didn't call it and she goes to goal. The boys keeper tries to dive for her shot, but he can't reach it. 2-1. Now we're in the game.
We play for another 40 minutes and it's a giant foot race of who can get the ball without getting attacked by the other team. The end result is 4-2 but I had a good run for my money. That was actually more fun than I thought. The girls shake the guys hands and say good game. I reach Kyle and he actually shakes my hand, but doesn't say anything. After about 3 other guys, Kyndel is next. He reached hand out. I go to shake it but he yanks it up and blows me a sarcastic kiss. I roll my eyes and walk past. Isabella doesn't.
"Hey asshat. No need to treat her like that. At one point, you did really love her. That you can't deny, so don't even try to. We saw it. You were happy. You lost feelings for her. Go in freaking peace! There is no need to start a war!" She spits at him.
"Hey, I'm not the one who asked to be banged. She's lucky I didn't get her pregnant. She was dumb to want it." Everyone falls silent and I turn around to find everyone staring at me, including my coach. My secret is out.