Chapter 2

"He has been there for 500 years." "Really? He's been imprisoned under a mountain for 500 years?" I asked the man who was telling me and my baby brother the legend of Son Wukong. "Yes, young one." Said the man that just told me and my baby brother the legend of Son Wukong, as he lightly stroked the top of my head. I giggled as he did so.

 My brother, Liuer then found a little Son Wukong doll that was on the cart we were on and started playing with it. "That's right. The Great Sage will keep you safe. There, there. You can have it." The man said to my little brother. He seemed to really found of the doll. Are mom who was holding my baby brother smiled at the man for giving the doll to my brother. "And one day, he may return." He then stood up, and smiled down at and my brother. "It's getting dark, we need to get back on the road!" Said a man up ahead of us. Our village was in the middle moving, we were taking a path that was on the side of a cliff.

 "Here let me," Said the man standing next to us as he gave the cart we were sitting on a light push to get us going. As we started to move the front wheel of the cart ran over a rock causing us the cart to tip over, but thankful the man who told us the story put his hand on the cart to steady it from falling. "Ah!" I quickly grabbed ahold of my mom and my brother. I look up at the man and smiled at him. My mom also gave the man a small smile and looked down at the two of us and gave me and Luier a small squeeze. The man then stood up slowly and smiled down at us. "It was just a little scary."

 I then turned my had when I heard yelling coming from up ahead. "AHH, MOMMA! LOOK!" I pointed up ahead. My mom and the man looked up ahead to where I was pointing to see some creatures that were green with some red scales on their neck, that were knocking people off the cliff. "Go back down the mounting!" The man yelled to use. "Hurry Y/N, back down, back down!" My mom yelled to me as we got off of the cart, she then grabbed ahold of my hand and started to run back down the path. I then looked us to see one of those..... of those....... MONSTERS, jumping down from up above and landing right in front of us. I then looked behind us to see the man fighting one of the monsters with a sword that he had. He managed to kill it before getting attack by another. "NO!" I yelled with tears streaming down my face, as another monster jumped onto him, casing a cloud of dirt to surround him. When the dirt settled, I saw the man laying on the ground dead.

 My mom tightened her grip on my hand and turned around to try and run back up the mountain but stopped when she saw the monsters blocking us that way too. She then drew me and Luier into a hug and fell to the ground with us in her arms. She then started to cry knowing that there was no way out for us.

 I wrapped my arms around my mom, crying into her chest as the monsters got closer to use. "Momma... I scared!" Luier then lifted one of his hands and touched her face and smiled up at her, not knowing what danger that we were all in. My mom then looked down at the Son Wukong doll that he had in his arms, then into the direction of the dead man. " Y/N..... I want you to hold onto Luier for me. Ok." She then put him into my arms. "Ok momma, but why do you want me to hold him?" "Shush, It doesn't matter, just hold him tight to you and don't let him go, ok." She then pulled me into a hug with Luier between us. "Stand up." She said in my ear. She stood up as well, with me still in her arms. "Back up slowly." I did what she said and started to slowly back up to the edge. "Y/n, I love you and your brother SO much. Don't ever forget that." The next thing before I know it, she pushed herself and me along with my brother in my arms off the edge into the ravine below.