Chapter 2

The twins grinned as they stepped of the train. Looking around they saw most of the students making their way to some carriages further up. To their left, a great brute of a man was shouting to the first years.
"TEDDY!" Someone shouted at them. They turned around in confusion to look at who shouted.
"Oh, er your not Teddy." He said. He had short black hair that stuck out at every angle possible and emerald green eyes.
"well spotted." Dan replied.
"You have the same hair as Teddy." The boy said."
"Good for him."
The boy walked off with a huff without replying. Shrugging, Dan turned to his sister,
"Well twin dear, where do we go?"
"No idea other twin, we are 5th years but it's our first year here."
Shrugging, Alex picked up her bag and made her way over to the half-giant. Daniel followed noticing the stares they where getting as they past. This, of course was nothing new to them. They where the greatest prankers to ever have lived. Or that's what they thought anyway.  It reminded him of when they got expelled from their first school, Beaxbuxtons. As they walked out of the building for the last time, all the posh and perfect girls and boys where whispering and pointing. In Beaxbuxtons, it was a disgrace to be expelled. But not to Alex and Dan. They made it their goal to be expelled from as many schools as they could.
"Firs' years, firs' yea- oh 'allo. Hoo are you now?" The half-giant asked.
"Alex"
"And Dan."
"Oh yes! You ar' the nu students Mcgonagal was talkin' abou'! Come come in'to a boat." He said. "Im 'agrid by the way. Keeper of Keys at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry." He puffed up his chest in pride. The twins grinned and thanked the giant, climbing into a boat. The rest of the first years scrambled to get into a boat so they didn't have to share with the twins. Everyone was silent as the boats moved, until the castle came into view. There where gasps and oohs and aahs from everyone, including the twins.
"One of the best things about getting expelled from every school is the fact that we get to see every school." Alex said, not taking her eyes of the castle.
"Agreed." Dan replied.  When the boats reached the shore, the first years, Hagrid, Dan and Alex all got out and walked to the front doors. A strict looking woman opened the door when Hagrid knocked. She skimmed her eyes over the crowd of first years, when she reached Alex her eyes lingered a bit longer then on the rest.
"The firs'-years, Professor McGonagall," said Hagrid.
"Thank-you, Hagrid. I will take them from here."

"Welcome to Hogwarts," said Professor McGonagall. "The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory and spend free time in your house common room." The twins began to zone out.
"The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rule-breaking will lose house points." Alex and Daniel 'hurrumphed' at this.
"At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the House Cup, a great honour. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours.
'The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarted yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting."
Her eyes lingered for a moment on Alex and Dan, who weren't wearing the uniform, and on some random first years smudged nose.

"I will return when we are ready for you,' said Professor McGonagall. 'Please wait quietly."

When Mcgonagall returned, she lead the first years out in front of the hall.
"Firstly, where is your uniform, Mr and Miss Smith?"
Alex laughed, "it was uncomfy so we didn't wear it." She looked down at what she was wearing. She had a comfy pink jumper on that matched her hair (photo in chapter 1), black skinny jeans, her signature black pair of converse and a leather jacket. Her hair was pulled up into a messy ponytail. Looking over at Dan she assessed what he was wearing. He had a navy/blue jumper on with a white shirt underneath, rolled to his elbows, black jeans and white converse. She looked back at Mcgonagall and grinned.
Mcgonagall looked disapprovingly at them, "Now, when all the first years are sorted, I shall come and fetch you two for your sorting. Please wait here quietly." She looked at the twins over her square rimmed glasses. Alex and Dan saluted at the same time,
"Yes ma'am."
Her lips quirked up at the edges and she turned and walked out, leading the nervous first years. Daniel turned to Alex,
"Lot'a trust this one has, doesn't she."
"Yup, think we should break it?" Alex grinned.
"Definitely."
They wandered in the direction that the first years went.
"Dan," Alex said, "i think you should change the colour of your hair, you seemingly look like a Teddy?"
Daniel groaned, "but what colour?" He threw his hands up in the air.
"Hmm not yellow, no. Red? No. A-ha!" Alex shouted, "try like a silvery-grey. Not old man grey but a cool grey."
Dan scrunched up his face and his hair changed.
"Love it." Alex said, ruffling his new hairdo.

The roar from the Great Hall stopped and the doors opened

"Quick into this cupboard!" Dan pushed Alex into the nearest broom cupboard. They grinned when the Great Hall doors closed and Mcgonagall walked by, obviously looking for them.
"You thinking what I'm thinking twin 1?" Dan asked.
"I most certainly am twin 2" came the reply. The grinned at each other and strode over to the Great Hall doors. Mcgonagall hadn't returned yet so she was obviously still looking for them. They stood opposite the closed doors and with a 'BANG' they opened. Every eye in the Great Hall turned to them. The twins grinned at each other and strolled into the Hall, hands in pockets. There was whispers flying round the Hall.
"Ah Mr and Miss Smith, Mcgonagall just went to fetch you." Dumbledoors eyes twinkled.
"Oh she must have got lost then because we where right outside the door." Alex smirked.
"He's soo hot." Someone whispered not so quietly to their right. Dan smiled his most charming smile, showing everyone his perfectly straight white teeth, and winked. Alex counted at least 15 dreamy sighs and 18 squeals and giggles. That's right, 18!
They laughed as Mcgonagall burst through the doors.
"Professor, I can't fin- oh there you are. I told you not to move!" Her thick Scottish accent was coming through.
"Not to worry, Minerva. Now to the sorting." Dumbledoor smiled at the twins, his sea, blue eyes twinkling and dancing. Mcgonagall huffed but walked up beside the stool.
"Alexandra-"
"It's just Alex." Alex interrupted.
"Alex Smith." Mcgonagall read. Alex jumped up to the stool and Mcgonagall placed the hat on top of her head.