THREE

/WINNIE/

"You going to Syd's party tonight?" I asked Tyler, taking my eyes off the screen.

"Yeah Nicole wants me to go," He sighed.

"That doesn't mean you have to," I said poking at his sides, "we could just stay here and watch movies all day."

"I wish kiddo, it's just that Nicole said she really wanted to go to this party so imma go with the bitch."

"Do you even like her?"

He gave me a shrug and turned his attention back to the screen.

"Then don't go."

"You don't get it, I have to go if she wants to go."

"Why?"

"Cause!"

He was acting weird today; a little more distant and a little more quiet, which is not likely for Tyler.

"Why are we always in arguments?"

"Idk maybe cause you ask too many questions," he replied, rolling his eyes.

"I wouldn't ask you so many questions if you would just answer with a real answer."

"I do answer with real answers nigga what the fuck do you mean?!" He said turning to me.

"Okay..." I said sarcastically.

"Whatever, if you don't wanna watch cartoons then you can just leave."

I sat up, looking at him.

"Do you want me to leave?"

"No."

"Then what do you want?" I asked plopping myself back on the mattress.

"For you to come to Syd's party tonight," He blinked.

"Fine."

The party started around nine and I was finishing up my makeup while Tyler watched me.

"Can I use some of that?" He said pointing to me concealer on the table.

"For what?" I asked, eyeing him suspiciously.

"For this pimple on my butt," he wined pulling down his pants to show me.

"Get your fucking pants back on Tyler, I am not giving you my concealer so you can put it on your butt pimple!"

"But it's so embarrassing!"

"No one is looking at your ass, so it won't be embarrassing," I laughed, walking over too the mirror to check out my outfit.

I was wearing a black velvet slip dress tucked into some vintage levi shorts and my black and white sk8 high vans to go along with it.

"DAMN YOU LOOK GOOD!"

"Yeah, yeah are you ready?" I asked waving him off.

"Yeah i'm ready, but seriously you look good," He chucked, picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder.

"TYLER, PUT ME DOWN!"

"Shut the hell up and stop kicking me, you annoying brat!"

When we got to the car I decided to put my spotify playlist on shuffle and jam out to some oldies.

"We are here!"

As soon as I got out of the car I could hear the loud music coming from inside. Another party, another night wasted.

"Where's Nic-" I said turning around only to see that Tyler was already gone.

Okay then.

"Hey babe, why the long face?" Syd said hugging me.

"No offense, but I don't want to be here at all," I chuckled lightly, looking down at my feet.

"Sure you do!" She said taking my hand,"follow me."

I guess she didn't get what I meant when I said I didn't want to be here at all. She took me around the house to the backyard, Tyler, Nicole, and Thebe stood there talking.

"Hey guys guess who I found outside?" Syd said pointing at me.

"Ayye how's it going lil sis?" Thebe asked, wrapping me in a hug.

I hadn't seen Thebe in forever. He went to a different school in the area and that last time I saw him was a few months ago at Tyler's.

"It's going good, but the real questions is what's up with you and where have you been?!"

He laughed and opened his mouth to reply, only to be interrupted by an overly annoying Nicole.

"We should goooo in thereee," Nicole slurred, spilling her drink and dragging Tyler along with her.

I watched as the disappeared into the house. I didn't see why he liked her so much, she wants like any other girls he's gone for in the past. Nicole was preppy and highly conceited, which made her a hard person to talk to.

"Anyways like I was saying," Thebe sighed,"I've been pretty tied up with school and work; I've been trying to save up for a new car so I don't have to keep repairing mine every time it stops working."

"That's awesome, you better not spend that money on worthless shit though cause I know you Thebe," I said, raising an eyebrow at him.

"I know, I know."

We both laughed and I began to look around.

"I better find Tyler and make sure Nicole hasn't killed his eardrums yet with her obnoxious yelling."

Thebe nodded and chuckled to himself as I walked away. I walked into the house through the back door and grabbed myself a soda from the cooler. After popping open my coke I made my way to the living room only to find Tyler and Nicole making out on the leather couch. I lost all feeling and let go of my soda, letting it hit the floor.

"Shit."