Part 3

When Liz pulled up to the curb of the house the next morning, I felt worse than I did yesterday. Just seeing my sister waltzing into the room diminished the numbness feeling I was going for today, as it brought up the memories of yesterday's disaster.

"Hey kiddo, don't be too harsh on yourself" she patted my shoulder trying to comfort me.

"Anyway, any plans for today, such as school?" I looked down at my watch to see it was already halfway through the school day and I didn't feel like going for the other half. I had no intention of doing anything productive. I slumped down on the kitchen floor thinking about what to eat out from the fridge. I opened the fridge door pulling out two packs of monsters, a gallon tub of vanilla ice cream, and stormed my way up the stairs slamming the door that left an echo throughout the house.

I didn't know when she left as I absorbed myself in my room in front of the tv screen. Liz had her own apartment but would come by sometimes to check up on me or steal food from our freezer. While my parents worked in their office which they had their own place to stay at, kind of like a cabin. I didn't even know why they kept this house except for me to stay in because I was literally the only person that lived in the house. I was very unpopular in school so for those of you thinking party time I bang you over the head with my invisible hammer.

Around the afternoon Liz pulled up to the house, right as she entered the house a slamming impact of overwhelming loud music traveled down the stairwell. She quickly closed the door not wanting the neighbors to hear and looked around the house seeing that everything seemed in its place and the fact that her sister did not trash the house was a good sign. Or so she thought until she opened the door to her sister's room and found empty monster cans, a tub of melted ice cream, and broken pieces of appliances scattered on the ground. She turned off the music that was blasting through the speakers that were giving her a headache. As she turned around, she gave out a shriek that made her back up into a bookshelf.

"What in the holy grail happened to you?" She looked down at the bed where her sister was lounging on the bed with bloodshot eyes staring up at her, clothes smeared with unknown substances and clumps of hair that were scattered around the bed.

"What?" I glared at her annoyed that she entered my pity party room.

"I told you not to get carried away, look at yourself it hasn't even been twenty-four hours and you're a mess" Liz screamed as she bent over to pick up some stuff off the ground. I got up totally ignoring what she said a reached for the tub of ice cream and started drinking out of it.

"Ew don't drink that" Liz quickly snatched the tub away from me.

"What is this? Wait never mind I don't want to know" she placed it on the desk.

"What do you want?" I yawned looking at my sister with drooping eyes.

"What do I want? Oh, please if I wasn't here you would probably be dead" Liz yelled.

"If you didn't come yesterday, I won't have been rejected" I countered this blame it all on her. Silence filled the air as they glared at each other waiting for one of them to make the next move.

"Listen we are not going to play the blame game. I know you are upset but rejection happens all the time." Liz shrugged.

"It all depends on how you pick yourself back up and let me tell you that you are failing at doing that right now and the plus side is at least you don't have to stalk someone that is not even interested in you." Ouch, I felt my heartache after she said that last part. I tossed a shoe at her making her go away.

"Get out" I shouted throwing the nearest thing next to me not even bothering to see what it was.

"What no way I am not leaving" Liz stood her ground crossing her arms and dodging the things I threw at her.