III

"You fucking bitch!" She shouted towards me.

"You're the bitch!" I shouted back at Pansy.

I wasn't going to let her win this fight. I'm not that little girl they could bully anytime they want.

She shot me a stunning spell in which I got hit at my chest. It was a painful sting in my body that I had to endure for a while.

It is very easy for me to dodge a spell but Draco Malfoy suddenly appeared on our fight and I became less aware. That's why I got hit.

The pain in my body suddenly disappeared when I started calling out to him.

"Draco." I pleaded for him to get me from this terrible pain but he walked towards Pansy.

"Draco, help me." I sobbed once more.

Being hit by a strong stun spell is painful but seeing him approaching Pansy and not caring about me at all when I obviously was in too much pain, painful would be an understatement.

"Pansy, let's leave the mudblood alone shall we?" He said and smirked.

And the pain I felt after that was enough to kill my beating heart in an instant.

***
Last night, I was all crying and muttering I love you, Draco how many times so I ended up getting fluffly red eyes.

But now, after the terrible nightmare that I had, I was all I hate you, Draco.

It was like a flashback that played like a broken record on my mind and I couldn't make it stop.

I wasn't able to forget that moment when he stood up for Pansy and forgot that he was secretly dating me.

That's just the first one and many more followed.

He said sorry and I had forgiven him after a while. I believed our relationship was something worth my patience. I guess not.

Draco Malfoy didn't bug me the day after that. And the following day, and the next. A whole week of not seeing him was enough for me to get over what happened and once again, I was back in being the stone hearted Hermione.

"Hermione!"  I spun towards the door way with my hand holding my wand.

It was a instinct of me to do that everytime I was shocked by someone. Over the past year that I have been living alone, I learned to not trust anybody. Trust will only bring you pain in the end.

"Harry?" I immediately kept my wand as I recognised him.

"What are you doing here?" I added.

This has been the first time since I last saw him. It has been a year yet there were so many changes. He looked more mature and his body was well taken care of seeing that he is now an auror.

"Ron."

"What about him? He's already dead, Harry. Why are you still thinking about him?" I asked.

Yes, its true. Ron died whilst fighting a death eater during the 2nd wizarding war.

And now, it's funny to think about him. After all, if he didn't die, I would probably never had a relationship with Draco. I would never felt this much pain.

"Its his 2nd death anniversary. Last year you didn't come. I wrote to you, remember?"

"You know I can't, Harry." I replied softly. Going back to the wizarding world would be such a great mess in my already ruined life.

He was quiet for a moment then nodded, "I understand. Mrs Weasley just misses you so much." And then he left.

I don't know if he purposely said that to make me feel guilty and I can tell that it's working. But my walls are too strong now. They can't be broken easily. It is possible that it cannot even be broken at all. I've built it far too high for anyone to reach it.

***

The door of my shop opened and the children from the orphanage entered.

While I was busy checking everything that they need, I couldn't help but take a peek at the blond boy. Their hair looked so much alike that I want to touch it.

He must have noticed me because he walked towards me.

"What's your name?" I asked before he could even open his mouth.

"Drake." He replied.

Drake. Draco.

They had so much similarities that he reminded me of Draco and it annoys the hell out of me.

"Why are you in the orphanage? You have good looks and someone must have wanted to adopt you." I asked and my mouth fell wide open. I didn't know what came over me and why the hell did I ask a child that question?

I knew that he is too young to know the answer but he was in for a surprise.

"I'm waiting for my real parents to return." He simply answered and I could feel his pain. So instead, I shut my mouth and began collecting the books I needed to read to them.

I don't want to hurt others purposely but why do I let myself be hurt?