Chapter 5 - Sven & the Sleigh

Chapter 5
Sven & the Sleigh
(Kristoff's POV)

"If you want to keep your job, you are going to help her." Those were the words Hans hissed in Kristoff's ear, before he whisked off gathering supplies, leaving him with the Princess of Corona. What the hell did he just agree to?!
Now, they were standing outside in the howling wind, while maids brought out small packages of supplies of food, clothes, and other necessities. Kristoff was loading only what they absolutely needed, while Anna stood off to the side shivering.
"I-It's fr-freezing out here!" Anna remarked, her teeth chattering.
"You'll get used to it." Kristoff sighed, rolling his eyes, heaving another package on the sleigh, "Let me guess, it doesn't snow that much in Corona does it?"
"Of course it snows in Corona!" Anna said indignantly, crossing her arms, "It snows every winter! Or whenever my dad wants it to snow,"
"Wait, what do you mean by whenever your dad-" Kristoff started to ask, but Anna didn't hear him and continued talking.
"It's just that my mum and dad don't really allow me outside the kingdom, or in fact the castle. Which is rubbish really, because I'm 18! I can take care of myself! Not that I don't love them, it's just that I feel like they don't trust me! Do you get my drift?"
"Uh-"
"Even my grandpa and aunt agree!" Anna continued, not waiting for Kristoff's response, "I'm not exactly allowed any freedom! Which reminds me, my mom told me that she was kidnapped when she a baby too! Like my sister Elsa! And she wasn't allowed any freedom either! That was until my dad rescued her. Why does it feel like they're doing the same thing to me?! Although, I sort of understand, because they don't want me to be kidnapped by Pitch either. But I'm pretty sure I could defend myself....or run if that doesn't work-"
At that point Kristoff completely zoned out of what Anna was talking about. She talked way too much. Is this what he was going to have to endure through the entire trip?! She had just gone from talking about how it snows in Corona, to that she's not allowed any freedom. Weird when girls talk their topic changes like every few minutes. "Girls are very strange." Kristoff thought, shaking his head, while securing their supplies on the sleigh. When he was sure that nothing would fall off, he straightened up and looked around. Before he had entered the castle, he had told his reindeer Sven that he could roam around a bit, until they had to leave.
"By the way, where's your reindeer?" Anna remarked, as if reading Kristoff's thoughts.
"Well...he should be around here somewhere." Kristoff muttered. Then without warning, making Anna, Pascal and Babytooth jump, he shouted, "SVEN! Come here boy! It's time to go!" They waited for a moment in silence, until they heard the distant sound of hooves pounding on the ground, steadily growing louder and louder. Then suddenly, something large tackled him from behind, almost knocking him over, making Anna give a small scream of surprise. Kristoff turned around to find Sven looking up at him happily, with his tongue sticking out panting like a dog. He chuckled, rubbing Sven's head, "Well that was faster than usual. Guess you've got a new record, bud." Sven grinned, jumped up and started licking Kristoff's face. "Woah! Easy there, bud! Take it easy!" he said, laughing, while trying to get Sven off of him. Finally Sven jumped off of him, still grinning and looking up at him happily. Kristoff looked up, still smiling himself, to find Anna smiling at them too. He suddenly felt a little embarrassed, and cleared his throat, "Well...Anna, this is Sven my reindeer, and best friend. Sven, this is Anna...the Princess of Corona-"
"Oh, you don't have to call me that." Anna said, grinning, "He's so cute!"
"Uh, I wouldn't exactly call him tha-" Kristoff started to object, but Anna was already holding out her arms wide and saying,
"Come here Sven!" Sven grinned even wider. He then bounded towards Anna, until he crashed into her, almost knocking her over, and started licking Anna's face. Anna was giggling, hugging Sven tightly. Kristoff heard a tiny squeal of joy, coming from Anna's shoulder, and saw her chameleon grinning widely. It jumped onto Sven's nose still grinning. Sven wriggled out of Anna's grasp, and was cross-eyed, trying to keep Anna's chameleon in sight, still smiling.
Kristoff was watching this whole event happen with eyebrows raised, and an amused expression on his face. "Ok, this has never happened before." he thought. Sven was very friendly, certainly, but he never just instantly became friends with anyone. Except for today.
"Well, it seems Sven's taken an instant liking to you and your...chameleon."
"His name's Pascal." Anna corrected, wiping her face with her sleeve, "I think I've taken an instant liking to him too! He's very cuddly."
"Uh...ok, if you want put it that way." Kristoff responded, shrugging off the strange compliment. Usually nobody complimented Sven, because Sven didn't exactly like them. Well, that was because Kristoff didn't like them. "Anyway, I think we're all set to go!"
"What about Max?"
"Max? Who's Max?" he asked confused.
"Max! My horse! What about him? Aren't we bringing him along?" Anna questioned.
"I don't think so."
"What?! Why not?!"
"Well, can Max travel swiftly and easily through thick snow and blizzards?" Kristoff contradicted.
"Well...no," Anna replied slowly, suddenly growing concerned, "But what will happen to him then?!"
"He can stay here in the stables." said a voice behind them. They both whipped around to find Hans slowly approaching them. The sight of him made Kristoff start to boil with fury, again. "Don't worry Anna, we'll take good care of him." Hans finished saying, stopping right in front of them, smiling at Anna.
She sighed in relief, "Thanks so much Hans. How can I ever repay you?"
"Find your sister. That's how." Hans replied seriously, "Are you all set?"
"Yes." Kristoff growled, glaring at Hans.
"Woah, calm down Christopher." Hans chuckled, patting his shoulder, and striding past him to examine the sleigh.
"It's Kristoff." he snarled, following Hans, with Anna close behind. Sven was standing in front of the sleigh waiting to be harnessed to it, his eyes following Pascal who was jumping back and forth between his antlers having the time of his life.
"Well, I see Pascal's made a new friend." Hans noted, nodding towards Sven and Pascal.
"Yeah he has." Anna said cheerfully, bounding towards Hans, and standing next to him.
"He certainly has." Kristoff muttered, walking towards Sven and harnessing him to the sleigh. His good mood had suddenly vanished, and Sven could sense it. He turned his head, and looked at Kristoff questionably.
"It's nothing." he mouthed, shaking his head, while finishing harnessing him to the sleigh. He straightened up and turned around to find Hans examining the sleigh.
"Nice sleigh." he commented, running his hand along the wood, which made Kristoff even more furious, "This is fresh lacquer, I believe?"
"Yes." Kristoff replied, using every ounce of his willpower not to attack him.
"Where did you get it?" Hans asked, stepping back to admire the sleigh.
"It was my dad's. And since when have you had any interest in sleighs...your Highness?" Kristoff said scornfully, giving Hans a mock bow.
"Oh, it's always been a minor interest of mine." Hans responded, ignoring Kristoff's mockery, "Anyway, I think it's best that you two be off. You've got a long journey ahead of you."
"Fine then." Kristoff muttered, hopping into the sleigh, "You coming?" he said to Anna.
"Yeah, hold on a minute." Anna said, walking towards Sven, "Pascal, are you just going to ride with Sven or stay with me?" Pascal made this weird sort of croaking/squeaking sound, while Anna nodded. "Alright then." she replied, then turned to Hans, "Well, I guess I'll see you later, Hans." She grinned, pecked Hans on the lips, and then hopped into the sleigh next to Kristoff.
"Good luck," Hans said, and then turned to Kristoff smirking, "And have a safe trip."
Kristoff could have sworn that Hans' eyes flashed yellow, but he shook it off, thinking it was his imagination.
"Come on, let's go, bud. He-yah!" and with that Kristoff snapped the reins and they shot off towards the mountains.

==========================
A/N: I hope you enjoy this! Sorry if some things don't make sense! And something I need to ask: Do you think I should add Hiccup and Merida into this story? I've been thinking of putting them in, but I was wondering if you agreed. The more people say 'yes' I'll put them in. The more people say 'no' I won't put them in. Thanks!
Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes!
Thanks for reading!

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT own any of the characters, places, or objects mentioned in this story!
I only own the storyline!
The rest belong to 'Disney' and 'Dreamworks'!