Chapter 3

Author's note
Sorry we haven't updated in so long. We had figure out a way to write together without being together. So don't worry we got it now! Make sure to check out my friends side of the book! Have fun reading!

Chapter 3

Lilian's P.O.V.
As I went to my locker, I thought about my scheduled hang out with Arlo. He probably doesn't even really like me. He's probably just hanging out with me so he can make fun of me. 

When I got to my locker I got out the books I was going to need for homework. I probably would end up getting distracted and not do it, but my teachers never seem to notice.

I put my books in my bag and ran to my bus. I went to a seat in the back and pulled out my music in attempt to lift my spirits from the  stressful day I was having. I thought back to when I was in the library trying to read the book as I drifted off to sleep still listening to my music.

I jerk awake as the bus pulled into my stop and quickly gathered my stuff, I then realized that I was going to be late to my meeting with Arlo. Shoot, I thought as I ran home to make sure I was as least late as possible. I threw my backpack onto the floor and grabbed my bike to ride to the park.

When I get to the park Arlo is already waiting for me on the swing set. I run over to him and as I come to stand in front of him he looks up at me through those beautiful blue eyes of his. He smiles and I feel myself start to smile as well.

"I'm really sorry I'm late." I say. I really do feel bad. Maybe I should do something to make it up to him, I think. He probably didn't even notice.

"It's fine." he says.

"Are you sure?" I ask."Sorry it's just the bus was going really slow, and-"

"It's fine, really." he said again.

"Okay, then. I really am sorry," I say hoping he isn't too upset. 

He is the first person to  approach me as a friend in years and I don't want to mess it up. Most people avoid me like the plague and the guys that do talk to me are only interested in me so they can brag that they have a girlfriend. If I do go on dates they always want more than I'm willing to give or comprehend. 

Thankfully, there's no signs that he's going to pull the girlfriend bomb- and if he does I guess I'll have to go back to looking for a friend.   

"So what are we gonna do?" I ask inquisitively.

"It's a surprise!"He said with a teasing smile.

"Darn it," I say back with a smile of my own. 

I don't think I've been this happy in a while. Maybe if this works out I can finally have a friend. Hmm that'd be interesting. I wonder if he actually likes me or he just wants to play a joke on me. 

I look at him again as he reaches into his bag and pulls out a bag of candlelight jellybeans out and gives it to me.

"Oh my gosh. Thank you!" I say, then stuff a handful into my mouth. I moan at the taste of them. Oh wow. So good.

"Just wait," he says, "There's more."

"What? Really? There's more? Oh, you didn't need to do this for me."

"Follow me" he says as he walks out of the park. 

I walk at a comfortable distance, so I don't make him feel awkward. We keep walking nearing a carnival and I realize that's where we're going. I squeal excitedly and run into the carnival. I find the cotton candy and look at it longingly. The boy working there saw how I was looking at the booth and gave me a stick for free.