Chapter 4

I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a while. Anyways, have fun reading!
Lilian's Pov
Arlo walks me up to the door of my house and tells me good night.
"Good night Arlo!" I say cheerfully and hug him. He hugs me back so tightly and slowly it starts to hurt.

"Arlo stop!" I say, surprised,"You're hurting me!"

"I'm so sorry!" He says, and he loosens his grip but is still holding me tight.

"Well bye..." I say. I try to walk away, but he won't let go. I rip his arms off me backing away before he grab me again. I turn around and scream when I realize that Arlo is standing right behind me.

"I love you so much Lillian!" he says before trying to kiss me. I push him away this time hard enough to make sure I can get away from him and then start to cry. .

I wake up with a start and touch my cheeks that are wet with my tears. Why did I have that dream? I shudder and look at the time. 5:48. Might as well get ready! I get out of bed and think back to my dream. That couldn't be true could it? Arlo couldn't love me! He was my only friend!

When I am finished with my shower I make a decision to avoid Arlo for a little bit. It can't be that hard right? Who am I kidding?! He is my only friend. It is going to be like trying to avoid the sunlight! Pretty much impossible!

I get dressed in my black tank top before throwing a cardigan over it and pulling on my dark blue jeans and putting my hair up in a cute messy bun. I pull on my converse and grab my bag. I run down the stairs trying to figure out how to get to school other than the school bus. I decide that since I have a lot of extra time from waking up so early that i will walk to school instead. I grab a bagel and walk out the door to start my trek to school.

I realize that it is raining and pull out my umbrella. When I get to the school I put away my umbrella and walk in the building going to my locker. I put in my combination and look around to see who all is in the hallway when I see Arlo walking towards me. I quickly slam my locker and turn around almost hitting Arlo with my hair.

I run down the hallway to my  history class-which, thankfully, I don't have with Arlo.I sit in class which happens to be the class where my teacher says stuff but nobody is really paying attention. So I get plenty of time to think about Arlo.I can't understand why the dream felt that real. It was almost like it was actually happening.

I walk to my next class which happens to be one that I share with Arlo. Thankfully I don't sit anywhere near him. Unfortunately this teacher is weird. He is always saying jokes and trying to use big words, so nobody ever really understands him. He also has an authentic monotone voice. I sit in my seat and look down at my binder trying not to pay attention to the fact that Arlo is staring at me intensely.

Riiinnnngggg! The late bell rings and Mr.Arwhual starts the class.

"Alright class! Today I am assigning a  spontaneous project that you begin in my AMAZING class!" He says in his very 'special' voice. All the people that are friends look at each other wanting to pair up.
"Aha aha aha!" He says." I already picked your partners!"

"First partners, Arlo and Lilian!"

I can't believe it. No no no no. This can't be happening! I can't be paired with Arlo! This is bad! I have shock written all over my face.

I was so absorbed in my thoughts that I missed what we were doing for the project.
"Alright everyone, Go to your partners!" said the teacher. Arlo started walking over and I got out my notebook so I could write everything down.

" Remember the project is  construct a live model or summary of why a hurricane would destroy a pier."

Arlo and I move to a more closed off part of the room.