Chapter #6: Trouble?! Or Nah

"Hell-Hello..?" The sound simply echoed, no sound came back to you in return. Everything was silent, too silent. The feeling was unnerving and it was causing you to curl more into yourself. What if it was another mutt that wanted to have you for themselves? What if they wanted to kill you or hurt you too? Fear was so evident in your scent that it almost made your savior back down.

  Almost.

    Messy brown hair is the first thing you see, accompanied by a set of cream colored ears settled on top. The ears startle you into a defensive stance. Gripping your scarf tighter, you speak, fear lacing your tone. "Who.. are you? What do you want? Did you.. do that..?" You point over to the guys on the ground who are still unconscious. The boy standing a few feet away cocked his head to one side, confusion written on his face. He seemed to think for a moment before nodding his head, staring into your (e/c) eyes. 

    Your breath stopped for a moment as you took notice of his appearance. His body was covered in dirt and grime with the occasional bruise and scratch. His clothes were tattered, especially the light brown shirt he had on. However, what really caught your attention was his stunningly bright green eyes. They seemed to swirl in a dance of green and blue with light feathers of white like an oak tree on a sunny day. You realized that getting lost in his eyes would be all to easy, especially since he was standing only a few inches away now. 

    Blinking, you stumbled backwards trying to gain distance between you and the stranger. You saw the small frown that appeared on the boy's face before it quickly disappeared. Summoning what little courage you have, you spoke again. This time, your voice was a little less shaky. "I.. look, thank you for saving me.. but who are you?" 

    The boy frowned again, scratching the back of his head. He looked anxious and distressed. You watched him fidget for a minute before he suddenly stopped and slammed his fist into his palm, making you jump a little. A huge grin split across the boy's face causing a small blush to dust your cheeks. You didn't have much time to think about his blinding grin because as soon as he grinned, he was digging into his pocket and pulling out what looked like.. a collar? A really rusty collar. 

    He started to walk toward you, but stopped when he noticed that you were still on edge. Placing the collar in front of him, he backed away. You looked at the collar and then at him. "You want me to look at it?" 

    The boy nodded eagerly. "Okay..", you mumbled. Watching him carefully, you snatched the collar and turned it over. The name Eren was engraved into the worn down leather.

    "Eren?" You looked back at the boy who brightened up at the sound of his name. His tail started wagging and you couldn't help but giggle at the sight. The tension in your shoulders and in the air lifted slightly. Eren smiled as your scent started to change to being relaxed. 

"So, Eren", you started, "Can you not talk?" 

The corners of his mouth dropped as did his ears. He shook his head and your heart ached at the sight. He looked like a little kicked puppy. 

"Th-That's okay!" You sputtered out. Seeing him look like that was just too much for your little heart. "Um.. do you have a home?" 

    Once again, he shook his head no. "Oh.." Silence filled the alleyway. The only sound was the wind that flew by and tasseled both yours and his hair. You noticed that Eren started shaking. 'He must be cold..', you thought.

    Without really thinking, you stepped in front of him until you were on your tippy toes and wrapped your scarf around his neck. He looked at you in surprise, his green eyes widening and fluffy ears perking up. You patted the scarf gently and smoothed out any parts that stuck out. "There.. now you'll at least be a little warmer." Looking into those memorizing eyes, you blushed and backed off after realizing how close you were to him. Eren frowned and tried to give the scarf back, but you stopped him.