Chapter One: Cursed with Beauty

"Well, that was fun and all but it's time for me to get going." A beautiful women said with no sound of hesitation in her voice.

"You mean that's it?"

"What? Did you expect there to be more then this? Sweetie, there is no more. I was just bored with the men that I'm usually with. To me this was nothing more than killing some time."

"How? How can you treat people that way?"

"That's simple, I'm Aphrodite, I can do whatever I want."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's how this story starts off, but that's not how this story is going to end. That man who got played is my father, Adam Kings, and that woman who played my father is my allege mother, the goddess of love herself, Aphrodite. One might think that it would be cool to be the child of a well-known God or Goddess, but believe me, it all depends on which God or Goddess you're talking about. Being the child of love only made things hard for me. I was born with extremely good looks according to some people, but to me I looked like everyone else.

"Aden!! Aden wake up! You're going to be late for school!" My father called up to my room one morning. I didn't really want to go to school because of all the trouble my looks put me in.

"Man, I don't want to go to school today."

"Aden Xavier Kings!!"

"I'm up! I'm up. I'll be down in a minute."

"Alright! Hurry up, your mother and I have something we want to talk to you about!"

This can't be good. The last time we had a family talk was when I got into a fight at school. Some upper class men got mad at me because his girlfriend stating sending me letters and flirting with me. I tried explaining that there was nothing going on and that I had no interest in his girlfriend. But of course, he didn't believe me, he only believed what his eyes were seeing. The same thing happened yesterday, but this time it was a lot worse than before. A girl actually dragged her boyfriend along a flat out told him that she was in love with me, and that she didn't want to date him anymore. I bet you can imagine how that went down.

I forced myself out of my bed and walked over to my full body mirror that sat just outside my bathroom door. I looked myself over and saw what everyone else saw. Tall, lean but muscular build, olive toned skin, grayish-blue eyes and dirty blond hair.

"This is what people found so attractive about me. I really don't see what they see."

I stepped into the bathroom to get ready for school. I brushed out my hair and brushed my teeth before changing into my clothes and making my way downstairs to get something to eat. When I got to the kitchen, I could tell that there was something very important. It was written all over their faces.

"All right--I can tell something is really wrong here. What happened? Who died?" I was obviously joking about someone dying, but the look they gave me was the look that I was right. Did someone really die?

"Aden, we heard about what happened at school yesterday. With your classmate and his girlfriend."

"I already tried explaining that to the principal after it happened. I have no, nor have I ever had any interest in that guy's girl. She just suddenly told him that she wanted to start dating me instead of him, and, of course, it started that big huge fight. I like to know why this keeps happening. Since entering Middle School, I keep having these things happen to me. Can I just not go to school anymore? It's pointless anyway."