Chapter Two: Crushing Resolve

I turned to face Lance and right away he kissed me on the side of the ridge of my nose, he then kissed my eyelids and then my lips once again. I've kissed Lance so many times today and I haven't tried to pull away once in those times. Although this could all be fake and full of lies, although I might be using Lance for my own selfishness, I feel that I'll be alright, even if I'm the one who ends up hurting him the most. But, in spite of that, I don't want to part with him. But...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat at my desk in a daze from only moments before. I couldn't contraction to save my life. All I could think about was how Lance kissed me. The way he was so gentle, but yet, at the same time he was powerful. Lance took charge about everything today. From coming up with a "solution" to my "problem", to coming to my rescue with that girl. They weren't his problems, but he was taking them on like they were and I'm grateful for that, but I also feel responsible for causing him so much trouble.

"I can't make Lance do this for me. He has his own problems I'm sure. He doesn't have to deal with mine. When I see him again I'll just tell him that this dating thing is just a bad idea, and I'll think of something else to help me."

I placed my head on my desk as I thought about what to do. What was the right way to deal with something like this? I didn't want to hurt Lance's feelings, but it's either hurt his feelings now and break up with him before it gets too series, or wait and break his heart even more, which could end our friendship, no matter what Lance said about us still being friends if that ended up happening.

"Mr. Kings, am I boring you?"

My head shot up to see my teacher, Mr. Farrelly, standing next to me. I was screwed, for once I hope this curse of mine will do me some good. I looked up at him and for once tried to use my looks to get me out of this.

"No sir, I'm sorry. I promise I'm paying attention."

For once my "gift" actually paid off. Hearts suddenly flashed in my teachers eyes and a light blush of pink washed across his nose. Hopefully I wouldn't regret this later. He smiled down at me and patted me on the head before making his way back up to the front of the class. Right away I was getting looks from both genders of my classmates, yep, I totally regret my decision to actually use my looks this time.

All I had to do was get through this class, quickly get out, and find Lance as soon as possible. That's all, but of course, because it's me, my plans exploded into thousands of little pieces. As soon as the bell goes off to end class I quickly make a b-line for the door but ended up getting stopped by my teacher.

"Mr. Kings, can you stay after for just a minute?" Mr. Farrelly gave me a smile that I didn't like as he tapped his pencil on his desk.

Once the classroom was empty Mr. Farrelly closed the door to his room. I had a bad feeling about this. I screwed myself badly this time.

"Now, Mr. Kings--"

"Sir, if it seemed like I wasn't paying attention I seriously was. I just have a lot on my mind right now."

"Oh, I know. I just want to clarify something I heard earlier today." Mr. Farrelly started to circle me, like a lion stalking its prey.

"And what would that be sir?"

"Is it true that you're now dating Mr. Lance McCall."

My eyes widened and my body shuttered has I suddenly felt hands drop down on my shoulders. I don't like this at all, not one little bit. I quickly got out of the grip of my teacher, turning to face him as calm as possible.