Chapter 2~Life in New Delhi~

After five months from the last incident

Seeren worked hard sewing and selling clothes to her neighbours in the district. Some of them bought it out of pity because they knew she did it to pay off all his debts and both her daughters' fees for their education.

As Habeebah was only eighteen, Seeren didnt have the heart to send her daughter away in search of work. Instead, she taught them sewing at home through her own experience and every night after both of them finished their homeworks, Tha'leem and dinner, they would sit together and start sewing.

Habeebah somewhat understood her mother's distress. But Labeebah who was in her teens, didnt feel it as much as her sister did in all her fifteen years, because she was the youngest and obviously the one who was pampered at home.
The family lived in a two storeyed house in the suburbs of New Delhi's main district. There were two rooms upstairs, a kitchen, a bathroom and a sitting room downstairs.

When Qurshid left them, this was their only comfort; they atleast had a home for him to return back one day. But just as he had expected, his friends stopped pestering the family as soon as he left since it was useless fighting with the women at home when they had no blame on their side. But Seeren was determined to pay it all off before she was lowered to her grave whether he came back or not.

Habeebah's aunt, Khadeeja often visited them as Seeren's family had totally cut off ties with her when they heard about Qurshid's news. She was Qurshid's only sister and was barren but she loved Habeebah and Labeebah just like her brother as if though they were her own daughters. She was equally devasted to hear about him but kept faith in Allah that he would return one day....
When? That was in Allah's Hands.

Both the sisters attended the same school which was situated quite close  if the route was taken through the bazaar, near the outskirts of the city.
They decided to carry on with life just like before since it was no use crying over the past over and over again. Qurshid himself had taught them to move on in life no matter what happens. He had promised them he would come back and that gave them light to the little spark of hope left.

"This life isn't yours to decide whether you spend it happily or not. It's in Allah's Hands. You have borrowed it for a short period of time so use it well" He had advised.
"Whatever happens in life,move on as if though nothing happened. Keep yourself and your Lord happy and thats more than enough. If you try to please everybody else around you, you're just wasting precious minutes. So whatever happens, keep telling this to yourself «ALLAH IS ENOUGH FOR ME»

Habeebah respected her father's words. He hadn't fled for no reason. There was some wisdom behind it and Habeebah knew that her father had given lots of attention to the thought before carrying it out. He wouldn't have just left his family behind foolishly. He was a wise man whom people respected and looked up to. Perhaps thats why most of the people kept their backbitings supressed inside them, for they knew that such a loyal man wouldn't have left his dear ones behind him so carelessly, but they were confused. But the person who was confused beyond anything was his own wife,
He didn't have to tell anybody, but he could've told me she kept repeating,
Wht didn't he tell me? Why? These were the only words Seeren kept repeating over and over again on a daily basis from the time he had left.
Its the most obvious thing in the world, whether it concerns muslims or non-muslims; after his own mother, nobody loves a man more than his wife, nobody understands him better than her, nobody talks to him openly than her, nobody can bring coolness to his eyes....it's his wife, his love, his world. Their love is indescribable!

At least Seeren had both her daughters for comfort, but he had nobody. He was isolated now.
Only his Lord mattered to him so he asked Allah to protect his family and did the only safest option; he ran away to earn to settle his debts quickly. BUT, not out of cowardice, rather out of courage that Allah will protect his family without a doubt!

_______________________________________

Thank you for reading and don't forget to vote, comment and share! :)

Till then,

PEACE OUT!

YOURS TRULY,

Suaad Abdur Rahman.