Chapter Thirty-Three

"Audree, relax," Clay scolded me from the table. 

I shook my head, continuing to pace around the room. I couldn't sit still, it was killing me. What was taking them so long? I needed to see his face for my own eyes to believe that he's okay. 

"But what is taking them so long?" I said, my thoughts out loud. 

"Well he kinda got shot, so it's gonna take longer for him to be released from a hospital than it took you."

I sighed and sat down between him and Gemma. Gemma reached over, placing her hand on top of mine and rubbing it gently. 

"I know you love him and you're worried, but he's tough. He'll make it through."

"He has to."

The front door opened and I jumped up from my seat and rushed to the foyer. My smile faded when I saw it was Chibs and Happy. 

"Hey Audree," Chibs said, giving me a hug. 

Happy nodded to me, "We took care of Blaine."

I nodded and frowned, "Have you heard anything from Jax or Opie?"

Chibs shook his head, "No. I'm sorry love." He passed me and went into the kitchen where Clay and Gemma were. 

I sighed and went upstairs to check on Sid. I smiled when I peeked into him room to see him snoring softly in his bed. Words couldn't describe how happy I was to be able to come home to him last night. Just to know that I had another day, month, year with my baby boy. 

I shut the door softly, slipping back downstairs to the kitchen. I put the teapot on the stove with some water to make some tea. I was trying my damnedest not to drink or smoke just to calm my nerves right now. But it was a hard struggle. All I wanted to do was pour me some scotch. 

"Do you want some tea?" I called out to Gemma. 

"Sure hun," came her kind answer. 

It was close to 8pm by the time I the front door opened again. I passed the knife I was using to cut up Sid's food to Gemma. Getting up, I quickly made my way to the door way, peeking around to see who had come in. 

Tears filled my eyes as I rushed forward, throwing my arms around my blonde boyfriend. I couldn't hold back the tears anymore as I sobbed into his chest. I felt him stroke my hair. 

"Shh, darlin," Jax said softly, wrapping his arms around me, "I'm okay."

I pulled away but just a little bit. Just enough to pull his face to mine, pressing my lips to his. 

"Don't ever scare me like that again," I said, pulling away from him completely to look around him. 

"Where's Opie?"

"He's still at the hospital," Jax said.

"I can't believe he took a bullet for you." I honestly was shocked, especially with the problems they had been having in their friendship lately. 

Jax shrugged, "Once a brother, always a brother."

He draped his arm around my shoulder, leading me into the kitchen with him. I went back to feeding Sid while everyone else was greeting Jax, telling them how happy they were that he was okay and asking how Opie was doing. I just hoped he would come home soon. 

"I really appreciate you guys all waiting for me, but if you don't mind I would like for me and my family to just have some time alone. We have some things to talk about," Jax said, addressing everyone. 

"You're right son. We should head back to Charming anyways," Gemma said. 

"But it's so late," I spoke up, "I have plenty of room if you want to stay and leave in the morning." I really didn't think it was a good idea for everyone to be traveling so much this late. 

"We'll be fine," Chibs said, "If we get tired, we'll get a motel."

I nodded, feeling a little better about that. Everyone said their goodbyes and left. 

"Come on," Jax picked up Sid, "Let's get you ready for bed while mom cleans up a bit."

Jax came back down an hour later as I was finishing the last bit of dishes. He took a seat at the table. 

"Do you want something to eat?" I asked. 

Jax shook his head, "No, I want you to come here and come talk to me."

I dried my hands with a rag and joined him at the table. "What do we need to talk about?"

"We need to talk about us and where we go from here."

"Well what do you want?" I asked. 

"I want you to give me a chance at being a father. An honest chance at trying to figure out how to be a family and be there for you and Sid. I love you Audree," Jax answered, lighting a cigarette. 

"I love you too Jax. I just still feel like I don't want Sid to grow up and become part of club.'

"I know babe, but honestly at the end of the day he's going to be around it no matter what just given who his father is. I don't think we should try to lie to him and hide it."

I nodded, frowning, "Yeah I guess you're right."

"So will you give me a chance? We can go back to Charming try our best to make this work and if it doesn't for some reason, you still have this house that you can come back to. It's not like you lose anything."

I chewed on my lip thinking for a bit. Did I really want to put myself through this again? Put my kid through this? But on the other hand, I did love Jax and when you love someone you have to make sacrifices. And when he tried he really was a damn good father. 

I sighed, "Alright Jax, we'll try. But no more whores, I mean it. You're a father now."

Jax grinned, "I promise darlin."

He put out his cigarette and stood up, taking my hand, pulling me away from the table.

"Where are we going?" I asked, following him. 

"To have rough sex," Jax said bluntly with a grin on his face. 

I rolled my eyes and smiling, allowing him to pull me upstairs.