Chapter Twenty-Eight

Harper's P.O.V

Xavier's body becomes rigid next to me as the previous chatter dies down instantly. A growl rumbles from Xavier and he clenches his jaw in anger. Shooting Cal and Scott a look we all get up and i grasp Xavier's hand firmly. His grey eyes meet mine and i give him a reassuring smile and i walk with him out of the pack house with the boys i tow.

Walking out of the pack house a eerie silence lurks though the air as we see multiple black cars pulled up in a type of formation. Warriors line up holding a variation of weapons and Oliver stands in front of them all with his beta, Malcolm, and his third in command, John. 

His light brown eyes settle on to me and a glare immediately settles upon his face as a growl comes from his chest. 

He's obviously pissed at me for throwing him out the window.

Xavier reacts instantly and pushes me behind him slightly as he puts a muscular arm in front of me protectively. A thunderous growl comes from him as his muscles tense and he clenches his fists. Mason and Cal growl and step forward next to Xavier as Jake and Scott stay flanking my sides.

"What the fuck are you doing on my land?!" Xavier growls out in his alpha voice breaking the eerie as multiple people flinch visibly at his tone. I need to stay calm and make sure Xavier doesn't rip Oliver's head off.

'Even though we both wouldn't care if he did' Aurora added in with a hint of anger in her voice.

Stepping forward sightly i touch his forearm and feel the sparks dance upon my skin. Xavier's muscle relax under my touch and his arm wraps around my waist as he pulls me into his side. 

"And here i thought we were friends, thought friends could come on to one another land anytime they wanted" Oliver chuckles darkly as his eyes narrow and Malcolm and Jake glare.

"You stopped being my friend as soon as you insulted my mate!" Xavier growled out as his grip on my waist tightened. 

Oliver's dark laugh fills the air as the atmosphere darkens. "You're seriously choosing her over me. I've been your friend for months. And you're going to throw that away for some slu-" Oliver begins but he's quickly cut off as Xavier lurches forward and grips his throat tightly.

A growl comes from my chest as i think about what he was just about to call me. Mason and Jake rush forward as they grip on to Xavier's shoulders to try and persuade him to let Oliver go. Cal and Scott stand in front of me.

"Are you going to be able to keep calm?" Cal asks as his eyes narrow on to my now clenched fists. Breathing in a deep breath i close my eyes and count to three before opening them again. Looking in between Cal and Scott's shoulders i can see Mason and Jake struggling with Xavier telling me i'm the only one who can calm him down.

Giving Cal and Jake a reassuring smile they step to opposite sides and i rush down to the scene.

Oliver's warriors are now glaring at the scene and getting in to fighting stances. Malcolm roughly shoved Jake away from Xavier and Olive and a thunderous growl rumbled from Xavier's chest as his eyes began swirling mixes of grey and black. Oliver's face began turning a different color and just as Malcolm was about to swing a punch at Xavier a growl came from my chest and i grabbed his arm and threw him to the ground.

A warning growl sounded through my chest and the warriors all flinched as some stepped back. Stepping next to Xavier i placed my hand on his biceps and felt the sparks run from my fingers to my shoulder as his muscles slowly relaxed under fingertips. His initial heavy breathing slowed down and his jaw relaxed as his head turned towards me.