~Chapter 6~

Chapter 6

Just on the other side of the door was a group of people who were also slaves. It was weird to think that I would become a slave. Then again I didn't expect to be back in the past either. I felt a hand on the small of my back. I looked up to see Jared smiling at me. I smiled back and turned to push the door open. I was nervous about meeting them. Would they like me or not? I stepped through the threshold and into a room about the same size as the room I just came from. Instead of beds there were tables and chairs. There were also two book shelves. As I looked around, I remember why I was in here in the first place. Everything in the room was quite; you could probably hear a pin drop. I saw that everyone was looking at me. I could feel heat rise up to my cheeks. I wasn't use to much attention. Not like this. A girl in the corner from the room stood up and walked over to me with a smile on her face.

"Hi there! My name's Devi. What's your name?" She said cheerfully. I looked at the girl standing in front of me with a genuine smile.

"I'm Zoey. It's nice to meet you." No one had moved since I walked in here. I was happy someone was talking to me. I looked at what she was wearing and the material was almost identical to mine but it looks like she’s come up with her own creation. For a slave dress it was very stylish. I was kind of jealous. If she was in my time then I think she would love the fashion and shops and therefore be a really good friend of mine. I looked around starting to worry that the others weren't breathing. Then suddenly they all just come rushing forward towards me. They were asking questions but I couldn't hear them over each other. Jared grabbed my arm and gently yanked me back. I smiled gratefully at him. When everything had gone quite again, I decided to speak. "Hello everyone, it’s nice to meet all of you." They all started talking all at once again.

They asked me questions like “Where did you come from?” and “Is it true you hit one of the guys outside?” And so forth. I tried to answer them all and as honestly as I could but I didn’t want them to know that I wasn't from this time. I mean what if Lord Byron or whoever decided to make a bargain? What was I to do then?

After about two hours of them asking me questions, I got to know some of the people there. Besides Emily and Jared, I think that Devi and I are going to be a really good friends. We were all sitting and chatting when the door slammed open. A lot of the girls’ coward back but most of the guys stood in front of them. Jared stood in front Emily and Emily in front of me. I realised the man who came into the room was one of the men guarding the door outside. He looked around and he stopped at me.

"You." He pointed to me. "Come here. The Lord wants to see you." I saw Jared stiffen, as did a lot of the other people in the room. When I didn't make an effort to move, the guy grunted and moved towards me. He shoved Jared and Emily out of the way and roughly grabbed my armed pulling towards the doors. I pushed back trying to make him let go. We went down a long hallway and turned right to see a staircase. By the time we got up them, I had already skinned my knees because I feel over on the stairs multiple times. Him dragging me along didn't help at all.

***********************

I'm SO sorry for the long wait and the chapter isn't even that long. I will be posting another today.