Chapter 3

I freeze in my spot. Alpha Sevin is the most feared person in the werewolf world. Why is he here? His blue eyes snap to mine and I turn to run, but he's faster. He snatches my hand and yanks be back. I slam into his very muscular chest and his other hand lands on my back, holding me close to him. This gives me the chance to actually see his face.  He has black hair that falls into his baby blue eyes and perfect jaw. He literally looks like he was made to be absolutely perfect. Out of the corner of my eye Danny runs out of the crowd of people and looks straight at us. "Let her go, Sevin."
Alex takes his eyes off of me and places them on Danny. "No."

The one word sent tingles and shivers down my spine. He turns his gaze back to me and smiles. He removes his grip on my hand and puts it on my cheek. I bite my lip to hold back the gasp, because of how strong the sparks are.

"What is your name sweetheart?" He leans in and whispers in my ear.

"Rue Quinn." I try and say as calmly as possible.

His smile falters alittle bit, but before he can respond Danny grabs my arm and yanks me away from him.

"I said let her go!" Danny stands in front of me and Sera stands next to me.

"Mine!" Alex goes to charge at Danny, but before he can hurt him I jump in front him.

"Alex, stop. Please." Danny pulls me again, but I yank my arm free and run to Alex. "Please don't hurt him. He's the only family I have left." Alex looks back and forth between me and Danny.

"Your father was the alpha of the blue lotus pack. Alpha John Quinn" I freeze. "Your father and I knew each other well. He was a good man."

➿➰➿➰➿➰➿➰➿➰➿

We decided to leave the party and go home, while Alex follows behind. I open the door to Danny's car, but it slams shut. Alex's hand is holding the door shut. I feel his hot breath on the side of my neck and his other hand wraps around my stomach, pulling me so my back is on his chest.

"Where do you think you're going?" He whispers in my ear. "You're riding with me." He says before I can answer. I hear someone clear their throat and I quickly pull away from Alex. Sera stands there with her arms crossed.

"Don't mind me, by all means continue." My face turns red and she starts to chuckle. "I'm just teasing, Rue. Now you can ride with Alex, I'll deal with Danny."I smile and give her a big hug.

"Thank you. I'll see you at home." Just when the words leave my mouth Danny walks out. I give him a quick hug, then turn and grab Alex's hand and run in the direction of his car. "Bye dad." I yell over my shoulder. I can't help but laugh when I hear Danny yelling and struggling because Sera might have used something that always can affect your mate. Now all I have to do is ask her a couple questions about the mating pull. Alex opens the door for me and runs around the other side, getting in and taking off after Danny. I sigh and lean back to relax.

"You're tired." Alex says. I nod my head, next thing I know he pulls up the arm rest between us and pulls me closer to him. "Get some sleep. I'll wake you when we get there." I close my eyes and rest my head on his shoulder. I fall asleep not too long after.

I wake, when I feel something soft on my body. I open my eyes and I'm lying on the couch in our living room. Alex smiles and moves my hair from out in front of my face. "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." I smile and look around. Danny is sitting in the recliner with Sera on his lap. I sit up and pull Alex down to sit with me. He grabs my hand and holds it.

"We have some things to discuss." Danny says. I stiffen and Alex squeezes my hand to comfort me. "I realize that you two are mates, but I can't allow Rue to leave."

"What!" Me and Alex yell at the same time.

"Hear me out." He says. "I've been meaning to talk to Alex about an alliance for awhile now and since you are here, I would like you to stay for a couple days to talk with me. If it's not a problem."

I let out a breath and look at Alex who is already looking at me. "It's not a problem, but on one condition." Alex says. Danny nods as to tell him to continue. "I want to sleep in the same room as Rue." Alex doesn't look away from me. My eyes grow to the size of saucers.

"No! That is out of the question!" Danny jumps up,making sure Sera is safely placed on the floor.

"It's not really either of your decisions. It's Rue's." Sera states.
All eyes are on me. What do I do? I look at all of them, then they glue onto Alex's.

"I...I don't see the problem. I mean we are eventually going to live together. I don't see how this is any different." I whisper. Alex's smile grows, but Danny doesn't look happy. He storms out of the living room. Sera goes to chase after him, but I stop her. "Let me." I give her a small smile and go after him. I run out into the hall and down a couple doors to his office. I open it and step in. Danny is sitting in his office chair, with his head in his hands.

"Rue, why would you do that?" He doesn't seem mad more like dissapointed.

I smile at him even though he can't see it. I move around his desk and hug him from behind. "Who was the one complaining about me not having a mate six hours ago?" He growls. "Ok..ok calm down. Just listen to me ok. He's not going to try anything and if he does I know how to kick ass. Thanks to you. See I'm not worried, I just thought it would be a good idea since it's going to happen anyway. Dad please don't be mad at me."

He sighs. "I'm not mad. I mean I was , but now I get it. It's just that I realize you're not a little girl any more." He lifts his head up and I let him go. He turns his chair and pats his lap signaling he wants me to sit. I do and he hugs me to the point I can't breathe. "Just stay safe when you go ok?" I nod and get up dragging him up with me.

We walk back into the living room and I walk over to Alex who is still sitting down. He looks between me and Danny with a worried look. "It's fine with me. Do you have clothes with you Sevin?"

Alex has the biggest grin on his face. "I sent one of my men to get me some." They nod at each other. Then Danny and Sera head off to bed.
"I'm tired, so lead the way princess." Alex smirks at me. I roll my eyes and take us up stairs to my room. As soon as I open the door, Alex, pulls me in shutting and locking the door behind him. While pushing me against the wall. Oh boy.