Chapter 7 - Leaving

"What?" I spluttered.

"I said you should join us." He stood up. "Your skills are good enough to fight, infiltrate, and hack as well."

"I couldn't! We're on different sides." I shook my head and turned my face away from him to maintain my composure.

"That doesn't mean you can't switch sides." I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I turned around, my face cold as I was trained to be.

"Think about it." He turned around and started walking away.

"I don't even know your name." I looked after him.

"You don't need to." He looked back and vanished.

My earpiece crackled. "Raven? Are you there?"

"Yes, oh my goodness I can't wait to tell you what just happened." I replied to Isla's frantic voice.

______________________________________________

"There's a good thing there were no injuries." Isla and I finished off our report.

Our boss nodded. "You have proven yourselves to be disciplined and you are able to follow orders. Now is the ultimate, most difficult task."

Isla and I looked at each other questioningly.

"Now is the time to kill a vice president." 

I gasped but held it as Isla squeezed my hand, warning me to stay quiet.

He gave us the information, informing us we would leave in two days. We got back to our apartment and I immediately exploded.

"How can he make us kill a vice president? That's murder! We're agents, not assassins!" I threw my hands up in frustration.

"Maybe it won't be that bad." Isla shrugged.

I stared at her incredulously. "How can you say that? If our true faces get spotted we are wanted in that country for life! If we get caught in an attempt at this we might get worse than just a decade in prison! We might get killed!"

"You might need to stop thinking about it that way. It's not as bad as it seems. The country still has more than one vice president. It'll be fine! Besides, if we don't do this we get fired. He said so himself." Isla retorted.

"I'd rather get killed than have blood on my hands, knowing I could have chosen not to do it." I crossed my arms.

"You have to do it! I'll fail without you!" Now Isla was the one who stared at me disbelief.

"No! You can do it if you want to, but I'm not." I walked to the bathroom and locked the door behind me.

I heard Isla knocking and saying she wouldn't do it. Eventually it stopped, I opened the door slowly and peeked out. I immediately saw a note on the floor. I picked it up, it had Isla's handwriting.

Look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell. I don't want to do it either, I get it too. But I have to, it's the only way we can earn enough money. I don't want to be homeless, begging everyday for money. I've gone out for dinner BTW. 

Isla xxoo

I tore the paper in half and set it in the same spot on the floor. I then ordered in, ate, and went to bed. At 8PM I heard Isla come in nervously, she picked up the ripped pieces of paper, sighed and went on with her bedtime routine. It was midnight when I got out of bed and locked myself in the bathroom again. I sobbed and sobbed. It was scary, the prospect of being fired, the fact that I was planning on running away. But where would I go? Where could I go? I had no home back at my boarding school. This was the only place that I had a home. Once finished, I washed my face and walked out. I was thinking about the man from the secret base. The one who offered for me to join his agency, when suddenly he appeared in a flash of smoke in front of me. I was about to gasp but he covered my mouth.

"So you're thinking about running away." He said as he removed his hand from my mouth.

I shook my head. "No." I lied.

"You're lying." He growled.

I sighed. "Fine, yes. I'm thinking about running away. They asked me to kill someone and I've decided against it. Isla doesn't understand, she wants to get the job done."

"Hm. Maybe you could come with me and join Talon."

"Talon?" I looked up.

"It's another agency of a sort." 

I looked across at Isla. "Alright."

He placed his hand on my shoulder but before we could leave I asked him "What's your name? If I'm going to go with you I need to know."

He growled with impatience, which without them knowing started waking Isla up. "Reaper."

"Okay, we can go now." I turned to the door.

"We don't need to leave like that." Reaper held me back.

"Then what-?" I was interrupted by Isla.

"Raven? What are you doing?" She rubbed her eyes.

I looked over at her. "Goodbye Isla."

"Raven? Wait, no! Raven!" Isla lunged towards me as we vanished in a cloud of black smoke.

Her call was still echoing in my ears when I opened my eyes and saw that we were in a hanger that was all black and silver.

I know that this is a shorter chapter than usual but I couldn't think of any other way to end it. That was just too good a cliffhanger! :D Okay I need to go now, byee! BTW HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY Autumnpips!!!!! Please go wish her a happy late birthday if you haven't!

-KittyKatJo2