Chapter 4- The "Oh Shit" Handle

Lukes POV

I immediately regretted letting Ava drive us to school. Of course Timmy loved it because she sped around corners on two wheels, went way past the normal speed limit and blared her music while doing this. Me, well i was holding on to the "Oh Shit" handle for my precious life. I could hear Ava laughing over the music, which surprised the hell out of me, since ya know I wasn't deaf yet. 

I looked over at her and saw her glancing at me from the corner of her eye. I gave her a death glare, though it didn't do much since I was fighting to keep the tips of my lips down. Ava seeing this laughed even more. 

When we rounded the corner to Timmy's school, I gulped at the mischievous smirk that appeared on Ava's lips. She turned the music down and turned her head slightly. I felt the car speed up and gripped the handle tighter. The big brick building was getting closer and closer; the feeling of panic also increased as we go closer too. 

"I would hold on you two, this might get a little bumpy." Timmy laughed even more, his face beaming brightly. My heart softened at the look. I havent seen him this happy in a long time. But because I was paying so much attention to Timmy, I didnt realize what Ava was doing, so you cant really blame me for what happened next. 

There was a spot, right in front of the school opened. There were two cars surrounding the spot, one in front of it, one behind it. There was just enough space for a small truck to fit in it, Ava's truck behind the perfect size. 

She sped up until she was halfway past the first car and then turned her wheel sharply to the left. The car spun around, the world outside blurring. Some one screamed loudly, the sound slightly high pitched. When the car finally stopped, we were perfectly in place. 

Both Ava and Timmy stared at me for a couple of seconds before bursting out laughing.

"He-he, hahahaha!!" Timmy sputtered. Ava wasnt much better, her face was slowly turning red and her laugh was now silent because she was laughing so hard. 

I was breathing heavily, extremely confused as to why they were laughing at me. Then my mind rewound to the scream I heard, which was a ninety-nine percent chance me instead of one of the other two. The thought had me blushing profusely. 

"I was the one that screamed, wasnt I?" I asked, my head down and cheeks on fire. I didnt even need to look up to confirm it. By the sound of their laughter getting harder was all the confirmation I needed. 

Finally Timmy got out to go to school. He was about halfway to the door when he suddenly turned and ran back. Ava panicked slightly and quickly rolled down the window. 

"Timmy whats wrong?" Ava's voice held all the worry a mum or older sister should have, and then some. A smile formed on my lips because of that. She would be a really great mum. 

"You'll be here when I get out right? You wont leave again, right?" Timmy asked, his eyes growing bigger with anxiety. Ava laughed lightly and got out of the car. She bent down and brought Timmy to her chest, kissing him on the forehead for a second or two. 

"I will be here everyday to drop you off and pick you. I promise to try not to get held up or leave again." She soothed, brushing his hair off his forehead. She then stood up and shooed him towards the school building. 

"Now go learn some shit kid. Oops, I meant stuff." Ava bit her lip to keep the smile off her face, her amaused eyes following her brothers small form. When Timmy was finally inside the building. Ava climbed back into the car and we left towards our school. 

After a couple minutes of peaceful silence, I spoke. 

"You'd be a really good mum ya know." I stated, glancing at her after I said it. She met my eyes, self doubt swirling in her iris'. I nodded to assure her and she gave me a small smile. 

"Im glad one of us thinks so." She murmured, turning her blinker on. My face scrunched up in confusion. 

"Why dont you think you'll be good mum?" 

"It's not necessarily that I wont be a good mum, but instead my past. I went to jail, im currently on probation. That shit stays with you, it fucks up your mind, not to mention your income. Most times I thought it would be better if I stayed in jail. I made a family there, I had a roof over my head, a bed to sleep on, food to eat, and overall not really a bad place. If I had a kid, my past would be pushed onto their shoulder one way or another, and not to mention the man I would have a kid with. I would have to tell him my past, my thoughts, jail, Dom, everything."  Ava's eyes met mine, the determination and sadness in them created a lump of emotion in my chest. 

"I refuse to do that to someone. No deserves that kind of heavy load on there shoulders." Ava promised. 

"What if they love you? What if they want to help you carry your burden?"

Ava looked at me, her expression now closed and rock hard. 

"No one will get close enough to love me. I wont let them." 

To late.... 

"Thats not really a happy life, Av's." 

"I dont deserve to be happy Luke. I dont need to be happy." Ava determinded, her expression showed she wasnt going to give up this idea anytime soon.  

Right then I made my own promise; I would get Ava to be happy. I will get her a boyfriend, one who will be loyal, honest, and will want kids. Some one who will be perfect for her. 

Even if it kills me to find her someone else.