Chapter 10

Chres’s POV

 I heaved the last suitcase into the trunk and finally closed it. Looking up to the front door, I saw Destiny and Hope in another embrace. We were about to head back to California and after the whole Oj situation, they have been closer than ever. Brandon came out of the house and had to edge his way around them to get to the car. I walked up to the porch and rubbed Destiny’s back to get her attention.

“We have to go Destiny.” She pulled away from Hope nodding and wiping her nose.

“I know. I’m coming.” She gave her mom a kiss on the cheek and headed for the car. I turned to follow her when I felt Hope’s hand on my arm. I turned back to her and she gave me a hug.

“Take care of my little girl. I see the way she looks at you and how you look at her. She probably won’t tell you now but I know she loves you Chres. You guys belong together.” She gave me a smile and I looked over at Destiny. Her and Brandon were fighting over shotgun and she was on his back covering his eyes. I laughed and turned back to Hope.

“I’ll watch out for both of them.” Hope smile grew and she gave me another hug.

“I know you will. Now go. You want to beat traffic.” She pushed me towards the car and I quickly climbed into the drivers seat. I turned the car on and laughed at a pouting Brandon in the back seat. We all waved at Hope one last time and then pulled into traffic.

We finally pulled into Brandon’s driveway and he was immediately tackled by an excited Bre. She threw her legs around his waist and captured his lips with hers. Me and Destiny just stood there in disgust.

“Get a room!” Destiny finally yelled. Bre eventually jumped down, turning red from embarrassment.

“Sorry. Destiny, what happened?” Bre ran over to her and touched her cheek, looking at it with concern.

“Nice to see you too Bre and I just had a small accident. No big deal.” Destiny gave her a smile and a hug. Bre didn’t look like she believed her but didn’t push for information. She turned back to Brandon and whispered something in his ear, running into the house closely followed by Brandon. He smacked her ass and she giggled running faster.

“Ewww and I have to deal with that?” Destiny pretended to gag and went to grab her bags. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her to me.

“Why don’t you stay with me? Give them their privacy and you probably won’t get much sleep staying here anyway.” She bit her lip and looked towards the door and back at me.

“OK.” I helped her back in the car and made our way to my house. I carried the bags into the living room and dropped them on the floor. I turned back to Destiny and watched her flop down on my sofa.

“So what do you want to do?” I went and sat down next to her, putting her feet in my lap.

“I know you’re probably tired but I really think we should start on that dance for the contest. Tara told me they moved it up to late January and we still have to get her to approve it.” Destiny groaned and closed her eyes.

“But I’m so sleepy.” She whined out. I laughed at her and gave her my puppy dog eyes.

“Please...” She laughed at me and rolled her eyes. She sat up so we were face to face and smiled.

“Not gonna work Chres.” She folded her arms, challenging me to go against her.

“I’ll take you to Coldstone and let you get anything you want.” Destiny was a sucker for ice cream and I knew she couldn’t say no for long. She thought about it for a second and looked back towards me.