Prologue

"Okay class, we have a new student.", with that one sentence, everybody's eyes were glued to Mrs. Colt. The words "new student" always gathered much attention. Why? Because we barely get new ones here. We live in the middle of nowhere in a small burg. We even barely get tourists. Our last transferee was this weirdo who was fond of taking frogs as pets.

The room was filled with muttering as our teacher looked closely to the paper she was holding, squinting her eyes.
"Ah! Goddamn it. Where are my glasses?", she faintly cursed under her breath. Wrinkles formed on her forehead as she searched for her glasses. Mrs. Colt is in her 60's... Or at least I think she is. She's been here even before the school was built but for some reasons, she was never able to be a principal.

"Oh, here it is.", she said, barely audible. She half-smiled and finally looked at us. It gave us more excitement to finally hear the new student's name.
"Okay, let's all welcome the new student. Be good to him, okay?"

Him!?! Gosh! It's a boy! I could hear the other girls' excitement as well. I gotta make a good impression on him.

"Nathan, please enter the room.", our teacher said gently. Seconds seemed like hours as the rusty doorknob turned slowly. The door opened a little and stopped. Why? Why!?

"The door's stuck, ma'am.", a male voice said from outside of the classroom. It must be the transferee! Why'd the door choose to be stuck now of all the freaking times!?

***

Please leave a comment and maybe a vote if you like this chapter!!! Ghost readers are also welcome here!!! xD
Special Credit to: Taehyung_boooo

I love you all!!! XOXO