mistletoe

She glossed her lips and took a last glance of herself in the mirror, "I am indeed beautiful. But why?" 

She wore that imperfect smile and went to the place where they would meet. 

She looked on her watch as it said she was ten minutes early. 

From behind, she felt that soft touch covering her eyes. She lost her sight, but she would never deny what she felt. 

She turned her back as his hands were put down. She smiled, not the one she wore earlier, the most genuine smile.

"Hi!" She greeted. "Hi!" He replied.

Their gaze met, and she can't help but to fall all over again. 

There was silence, and it could eat them but chose to throw that thought... it felt perfect.

He took a step forward, just close enough to hear her fast heartbeat, just close enough to feel her breathing. 

He closed his eyes and whispered, "God, thank you for making my Christmas merry."

He opened his eyes and saw her smile. He gave her that breath-taking kiss, that soft and sweet kiss. 

They both closed their eyes, savoring the moment.

It was fast but right. She smiled again, handed him the gift she brought and said, "Thank you for this time, bestfriend."

She was about to turn her back again, but he held her hands.

There was confusion in her eyes. There was love in his eyes.

The moment was intrued by a child, "Look Mommy! A mistletoe above the lovers."

He smiled. She smiled. The most genuine and perfect smile.