Meeting (mixed POV)

POV: Miranda Lambert

I did a double take as I noticed the young woman nearby. I guessed her to be between 16 and 17. She had blonde hair, which looked exactly like mine though she wore it in a bun behind her instead of down like me. Her eyes were green, but her build and facial structure along with her hair color made her look exactly like I did when I was 16.

"It can't be," I muttered under my breath, "Actually. Yes it can."

17 years ago, when I was 17, I'd accidentally gotten pregnant with the child of a young man who was a year younger than me.  Though we'd both wanted to keep the child due to our respective ages we'd decided it was best to give her up for adoption. Once I got older I'd tried to track her down, but I'd been unsuccessful. I decided I had to talk to this girl, and at least find out if she was my daughter.

POV: Jennifer Raymer

"Can I have a word with you please?"

The voice sounded really familiar but I couldn't quite place it. I turned around and saw none other than country singer Miranda Lambert approaching me.

"Miranda Lambert? Oh um...Hi," I said, flustered and shocked.

"Hi," she said with a smile playing across her lips, "Sorry to interrupt, if I am."

"You're not interrupting anything," I assured her, "What can I do for you?"
"Well, you reminded me of someone for a minute and then you looked nice so I figured I'd say hi."

"To me?"

She nodded at my stupid question.
"Sorry that was a stupid question," I said awkwardly, "I just can't believe that you're here talking to me. I'm just such a big fan and for you to just approach me like this out of the blue I..."

 I didn't know why but the expression on her face reminded me of myself.

"Look I'm sorry to freak out like this," I said.
"You're alright," she said with a smile, "I know it's surprising, for me to just approach you randomly like this. Can I ask you something kind of weird and personal?"

I nodded nervously.

"Do you want to keep in touch? If you want I'll give you my cell number," she said.

"I'd love that," I said, trying not to squeal.

Not only had I just met and had a conversation with my favorite singer and personal hero, she was offering to give me her cell phone number.

"Ok, can I see your phone?"

I nodded, handing it over. She programmed it in.

"Umm, have a nice day I should go," Miranda said.

"Ok you too, bye."

She walked away and I stared after her.

"What the hell just happened?"