Part 3: My First Night

I jumped as the phone started to ring. Who calls this late? It was three minutes till midnight, did the Briggs find out where I was. I started getting a panic attack. No wait they couldn't have known. I let the phone go to voicemail and waited.

"Hello! H-hello! Uh, I wanted to record a message for you... to help get settled in on your first night," A man's voice started, well at least this phone guy was kind.

"Um, I actually worked in that office before you. I'm finishing up my last week now, as a matter of fact. So, I know it can be a bit overwhelming, but I'm here to tell you: there's nothing to worry about. Uh, you'll do fine! So, let's just focus on getting you through your first week. Okay?"

This shouldn't be so bad, at least he's giving me a walkthrough.

"Uh, let's see, first there's an introductory greeting from the company that I'm supposed to read. Uh, it's kind of a legal thing, ya know. Um, 'Welcome to Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, a magical place for kids and grown-ups alike, where fantasy and fun come to life. Fazbear Entertainment is not responsible for damage to property or person. Upon the discovery that death or damage had occurred, a mission person report will be filed within 90 days, or as soon as property or premises have been thoroughly cleaned and bleached, and the carpets have been replaced..."

Wait what? Did he say death?

"... Blah blah blah, now that might sound bad, I know, but there's really nothing to worry about. Uh, the animatronic characters here...do get a bit quirky at night, but do I blame them? No! If I were forced to sing...those same stupid songs for twenty years, and I never got a bath? I would be a bit irritable at night too. So remember these characters hold a special place in the heart of children, and we need to show them a little respect.

So they all can move? I grabbed the IPad that held all of the cameras and flipped through, luckily every one was in there places.

"Alright? Okay. So be aware, the characters tend to wander a bit. Uh, they're left in some kind of free roaming mode at night. Uh...something about their servos locking up if they get turned off for too long. The older ones used to be allowed to walk around during the day too. But then there was the Bite of 87. Yeah...i-it's amazing how the human body can live without the frontal lobe, ya know?

Geez what did I sign up for?

"Uh, now concerning your safety. The only real risk to you as a night watchmen here, if any, is the fact that these characters, uh, if they happen to see you after hours, probably won't recognize you as a person. They'll p-most likely see you as a metal endoskeleton...without its costume on. Now, since that's against the rules here at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza and the newer toy ones will see you as a criminal or felon, they'll probably try to...forcefully stuff you inside a Freddy Fazbear suit.

Oh god...

"Uh, now that wouldn't be so bad...if the suits themselves weren't filled with crossbeams, wires, and animatronic devices, especially around the facial area. Now, you can imagine how one of those would cause quite a bit of discomfort... and death. Uh, the only parts of you that would likely see the light of day again would be your eyeballs and teeth when they pop out if front of the mask, heh. Yeah, they don't tell you these things when you sign up...

No they don't.

"But hey! First day should be a breeze, I'll chat with you tomorrow. So put the Freddy head on if the Toy characters get through the vents, make sure to keep the music box wound up, and Uh, check those cameras, and remember to close the doors only if absolutely necessary. Gotta conserve power. Alright, goodnight!"

The chime for midnight struck and my heart hammered in my chest. I checked the cameras and both Bonnies were gone.

"No, no, no..." I flipped through the screens and found Toy Bonnie in the dining area, and the other one in the storage room staring at the cameras. I looked once more at the cameras, then put the IPad down and wound the music box. I was in for a long night.

"Nope sorry!" I yelled as I slammed my hand down on the right door button separating me from Chica. I sighed a wound up the music box again, it was only 2: 34 and they were all active. I opened the door when I heard the footsteps fade away. I hummed away a song, as I looked over the cameras noting that Toy Bonnie was in the left vent and Mangle was hanging in the bathrooms. Putting on the fowl smelling Freddy head, Bonnie finally left.

86 percent left not bad. I jumped up, but was almost too slow Bonnie let out a high pitched scream and ripped my front shirt and pants, I slammed the left door shut locking him out. I ripped off my hat so I could rub my ringing ears, in the process letting my long white hair out, my poor sensitive ears. I put my them and my hair back into my hat, not noticing a red figure run back to Pirates Cove.

The clock chimed at six, signaling the end of my shift. I grabbed my extra uniform and change of clothes trying to hold them so no one would be able to see the slashes in my uniform.

"I'll see you all tomorrow," I smiled and waved goodbye to the animatronics as I walked down the hall.

"Are you waving to them?" I looked into the dark dining room to see the Mr. C turning on the lights.

"Umm..." I didn't want to tell him I was, so I wouldn't look crazy I put my head down, "Y-yes..."

"Even after they tried to kill you?" Now my head snapped up and I glared at him.

"You knew that they would try to kill me?!"

"Of course I knew, but I doubt you would have wanted the job if I told you the truth," Ok he did have point, but I would rather be here than with that hell hole of a foster family, "Also I need you to work the afternoon shift today, were short on servers I'll add the time to your night shift."

"Fine," I was still pissed but I needed the money, "What time?"

"Two, it's for a kid's birthday party," I nodded and attempted to leave but he stopped me, "One more thing..."

"Yes?"

"It's a costume party, so you need to dress up as some type of animal," I swallowed a lump growing in my throat, "Try to be as realistic as possible, you can wear your other uniform if you want."

I nodded and left.