Chapter Nine

"You need to leave". It was the day after Halloween and Sarah finally had a moment lone with her parents to confront them.

"Now why would we do that?" her mother, Lisa asked with a small smirk plastered on her lips "we just came to see our daughter".

"You haven't come to see me in seven years. Why would you start now?" she crossed her arms over her chest. Her mother was not getting away with this that easily.

"Oh but honey we didn't know where you were. When we saw you on TV with that handsome millionaire. Oh goodness we knew we needed to come find you" her mother gave her one of her sweetest smiles.

"Ah there it is. Now I understand" Sarah laughed and shook her head. "You are only back because you want something out of it. You saw me on the news with Andrew and now you think you can get some of the action".

Lisa's fake sweet smile disappeared. "Well now sugar", her Texan slang was coming out now. "Wouldn't it be a damn shame if Andrew found out?"

Sarah locked eyes with her mother, an unspoken challenge passing between them "found out what mother?"

"Well if he found out about that the children he believes whole heartily is his, is actually a good for nothing con man's children" Lisa smirked and crossed her arms over her chest. "He seems so in love with those little tikes. I would hate for him to learn it was all a lie".

"And how would he learn that it was a lie mother?" Sarah asked. But she already knew the answer. Her parents weren't here because they missed her like they claimed. They only ever showed a caring attitude for Sarah when they wanted something. And now, with Andrew in the picture they could have everything they wanted and more.

"I would tell him," she said with a shrug "however I think I can keep it to myself, if you give us a hundred thousand dollars".

"What!" Sarah gasped, "I don't have that kind of money".

"You don't, but the Cavanaugh's do" Lisa smiled and slid the phone across the table to her.

"I am not calling them and asking for money" Sarah said pushing the phone away.

"Oh then I guess we will have no choice" Lisa walked over to the sofa and sat down.

"No choice for what?" Sarah walked after her.

"We have no choice but to stay here" Lisa shrugged again.

"You can't stay here," Sarah gasped.

"Oh really? Watch me" Lisa smiled and grabbed a magazine. "Be thankful it's me here and not Shane".

"Mother, what did you do" Sarah frowned. She wouldn't have told Shane anything would she? No. It wasn't possible. Sarah hadn't seen her parents in over seven years, hadn't heard from them in five. There was no way Lisa would be in contact with Shane.

"Oh hush child. I don't even talk to that brown noser," Lisa said flipping through the pages.

Sarah started to breath out a sigh of relief but her throat caught. It felt like her stomach turned upside down. Her hand flew over her mouth and she took off running to the bathroom.

She dropped down to her knees and proceeded to be sick for the next two minutes into the toilet. Her breakfast and lunch both made reappearance.

With a sigh she sat up straight and wiped her mouth with the back of her hand.

"My oh my" Lisa leaned in the doorway. "What have we got here"?

"Go away mother" slowly Sarah lifted herself off the ground and splashed her face with some warm water.