Chapter 8

Chapter 8|Living in the palace

Isla's P.O.V.

I was so overwhelmed by what Grandma told me but I couldn't do anything but weep bitterly. How could life treat me like this? How could I lose my grandma now? I need her and I need her spell. I don't want to be beautiful because beauty makes a person horrible.

It makes people seek being the best at all things. It isn't the best thing to wish for and I never wanted to be beautiful. I definitely didn't want to end up as vain as Adrianne or Rhiannon were. I grasped Logan's shirt and wept in his arms.

Suddenly I was wrenched away from his arms and I watched him being pushed roughly away from me as a man in a white coat held tightly unto my wrist while bowing at my feet and kissing it furiously.

"My darling, my darling..." He kept whispering.

I tried to push him away and he let go of my wrist but held tightly unto my legs while kissing my feet furiously. I was sure he would leave a bruise.

I was so disoriented and I didn't understand what was happening and suddenly a group of nurses came to hold onto the doctor dragging him away from me.

I watched them drag him away with a frown. What's wrong with him, I wanted to ask.

"Lets get out of here Isla. Take this jacket and put it over your head." Logan said.

"I don't understand...I can't just leave my grandmother here?" I said shoving him away.

Logan shook his head at me as if to say I disapprove of you disobeying me. "I have given the nurses permission to send your grandmother's body to the mortuary. She will be cremated tomorow and will be buried the day after tomorrow."

"Why are we rushing away? And whats wrong with that doctor? I saw him along the way when..." I was saying but Logan interupted me hurriedly.

"Isla what your grandmother didn't tell you about being half-monster and half-human is that you look human but have the appeal of a monster and anyone who sees you reacts to you the way they'll react to a monster animal." He explained.

He strode to the drawer by my grandmother's bed side and pulled out a mirror and instructed me to look into it.

When I did, I gasped as I looked at a very surprised stranger. She was the most beautiful person I had ever seen in my entire life. Her green eyes were similar to mine except they sparkled enchantingly even though there was a very noticeable trace of sadness in those eyes.

I felt like kneeling to console her immediately but as I looked closer, I realised she was me. And my face was without any burn scar with pearl white skin that seemed to glow.

"Wow she's beautiful." I murmured.

"Multiply your reaction ten times and you'll understand the way others see you so you have to cover your face and let me take you straight to the palace." Logan said.

"I don't want to go to the palace, I like the wood house. Strange and I will survive there." I replied obstinately. I was obviously ready for a fight, my eyes held his challengingly and my chins were lifted as high as they could get.

Logan took a deep breath and seemed to be struggling to hold his anger down. "Isla you are going to the palace with me. You can't survive in the woods looking like this. Half the boys in this vicinity will keep coming to the woods just to see you and some will...just wish to have you against your will"- I shuddered at that and was about to protest but his next words shut me up-"Besides it was your grandmother's last wish, don't you want to honor her last wish?"

How dare he use that guilt card against me? I wanted to ask but My mouth went shut by itself as I looked guiltily away from his eyes. My shoulders drooped as I agreed to the last thing I wanted. Then something occurred to me and a crazed blood lust filled me as I turned to Logan.