: 7 :

Enoch's POV

I could tell Eleanor was still a bit mad at me.
She got up.
"Good night, Enoch."
"Night, Eleanor." I replied back.
She went back to the house, and I decided to stay at the lake.
Why did I ask her to go on a walk with me..?
I pulled at the loose threads at the holes of my overalls.
I don't need friends.

Eleanor's POV

I walked back into the house, in fear that I would be caught by Miss Peregrine.
The house looked a little eerie at night, it's windows, gleaming like eyes.
I climbed the stairs, floorboards creaking as I shifted my weight onto each step.
Thoughts filled my mind, as I changed into the soft nightgown.
What did Enoch mean when he said not to run away when he would show me his peculiarity..?
Was it that creepy?
******
-Morning-
The sunlight flowed through the the pale blue curtains. I squinted my eyes and covered my head with the sheets of the mattress.
As if on cue, I heard a soft knock on the door.
"Breakfast is ready! Today's gonna be a new adventure!" Said the voice of an invisible body with a jacket and cap, peeking through the slightly open door.
Millard was right.
Today was going to be a new adventure.
******
Enoch's POV
Shoot!
Today's the day I have to show Eleanor my peculiarity..
I looked at the shelves of organs and hearts I've accumulated over the years.
My eyes drifted from the jars, to the pile of homunculi I've created.
Clay, wood, and doll parts mangled together, in the form of small monsters.
Still tired from not getting enough sleep last night, I rolled out of bed and got dressed.
Same routine as usual.
I was joined downstairs by Eleanor...
Great.
Just great.
Eleanor's POV
I headed downstairs, the smell of toast and eggs filled the air.
I walked over to Enoch, his cheeks colored with a hint of pink.
"Ooooh Enoch is blushing! Enoch is blushing!" Hugh sang, a few others laughed at his remark.
"Shut up Hugh! As if you don't get all lovey-dovey with Fiona!" Enoch retorted.
Hugh's mouth fell open.
Haha Enoch blushed again.
We sat down at the table and began to eat.
Once we all finished, Miss Peregrine reminded everyone about the daily walk.
"Children, do remember to be back by mid-noon, in time for our walk. Other than that, you are free to go."
Everyone got up, and went their separate ways, either to go play outside, or do a few chores.
I felt a light tap on my shoulder, followed with an 'ahem'.
I turned around to see Enoch holding but trying to hide two jars of what looked like.. jelly???
"Ready for our small walk?" He asked with a nervous look.
"Ready as I'll ever be." I replied with a smile.
******

Took a break.. 😅

Im back tho, with more chapters so do not fear
Jooone is here
This chapter was awfully short sorry 😭