Chapter 2

"What are you doing here?" Cragen asked me as I entered the precinct.

"I'm coming to work." I replied, trying not to sound too sarcastic.

"Nope. What happened to staying home today, and starting desk duty tomorrow?" Cragen questioned, following me to my desk.

"I don't need to stay home today, so that's why I came in. I thought you gripped the idea, Captain, that I'm stubborn?" I asked.

"Benson, go home." He replied, and I sighed in response.

"Captain, please! I really want to get back into work. If Elliot walked in here, you would let him stay." I sighed.

"Well, Elliot is smarter than you on this topic. Get your stuff, I'll drive you home." He replied, winning this battle.

---

He drove me home, and forced me to sit down before he left. On our way here, he took my shield and gun, and told me that when I arrived in the morning, I could have them back. 

I sighed and pulled out my phone, and called Brian to see if he could take the day off, and he said he couldn't, so I was stuck alone.

I couldn't bother Elliot, because he was at the hospital with Kathy and Elliot Jr. and I didn't want to disrupt that. So I decided to head out and go to the park.

I sat and people watched, until Brian was on lunch, and I drove over to the court house, to surprised him with lunch from the bar near the precinct.

"Bri!" I called as he walked down the steps of the court house, dressed in a security uniform.

"Liv? What are you doing here?" He asked, a surprised smile on his face. He met me at the bottom, and he kissed me gently.

"I wanted to surprise you. How is work so far?" I asked, as I grabbed his hand and we started to walk towards his car.

"It's been better, but it's nice to see you. Are you only here because you are bored at home?" He asked. I shook my head, but he knew me better, well, not as good as Elliot does.

"I wanted to go in today, but Cragen drove me home because I'm not allowed to be in until tomorrow, and he even took my shield and gun." I sighed. Brian opened my door and I sat down, and he shut it before walking around and getting in. I started to hand him his food, and he smiled opened his burger, and took a large bite out of it.

"Seeing you, and eating this burger are in a race to see who made my day better." He laughed. I smiled and looked out the window.

"Liv?" He asked and I turned to look at him.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"Do you want me to take the rest of the day off so I can occupy you?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Bri, its fine. I might just sleep all day. I don't want to get you in trouble for leaving work early." I replied. 

"No, I'll just talk to my boss, and take the rest of the day to take care of my injured girlfriend." He replied. I leaned over and kissed his cheek. He got out to talk to his boss, and I packed up the food, so we could finish it at the apartment.

---

"Thanks for taking the day off." I smiled, as I lay breathless, my head resting on Brian's chest. He rubbed my back and I gently placed a kiss on his chest.

"It was a good choice on my part." he breathed. I sighed and closed my eyes.

"Head hurting?" He asked me and I nodded.

"Yeah, I think I should take something for it." I sighed. He nodded and kissed my head before shifting me off of him, and he went to get me medicine.

When he came back I was sitting on the edge of the bed, the sheet wrapped around my body, and my head in my hands.

"Liv, here, take this." He said, his voice starting to sound worried. I took the medicine in my hand and I took it. But I looked up at Brian, and before I could move, I vomited on the floor, and tears ran down my cheeks.

"I'm sorry Bri." I whimpered, but he looked at me and shook his head.

"Lets get dressed, and I'm going to take you to the hospital. Something is wrong." He stated.

---

The ride to the hospital was full of tension, and I had the window rolled down, trying to not get sick again. When Brian pulled up into the ER bank, he parked quickly, before coming around and helping me out. He walked me in, and a nurse grabbed a wheelchair, and forced me into it.

"Ma'am, what's wrong?" She asked, but Brian spoke.

"She was in a car accident yesterday, and they sent her home, but she got sick at home, and her head is hurting her." Brian breathed.

"Alright, we will take care of her." The nurse said, before taking my wheelchair, and pushing me towards a room, and Brian was close behind, but the nurse stopped him.

"Sir, only family can be with her." She stated.

"He's my boyfriend, I don't have family." I replied quickly, and she sighed and motioned for him to follow us.

---

After getting into the room, I started to get sick again. The nurse tried to give me medication to stop the vomiting, but it didn't help. They ended up taking me to get a CAT scan of my brain, and somehow managed to keep me still enough to get the scan done. 

They looked at the results and said that I had a concussion. Great. They admitted me for the night since I was throwing up and dehydrated. I had to try and stay awake, and it surprised me when I saw a one Elliot Stabler come into my room.

"El? What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Brian called me, and I was here to see Kath and Eli, so I took a break while she was nursing, to come and see you." He replied. I nodded slowly.

"I'm alive." I moaned, and he sat down next to me and leaned back in the chair and sighed.

"So, concussion from the crash?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, when we were hit, my head hit the steering wheel. How is Kathy and your son?" I asked him.

"They are good. Kathy is getting out in a few days, but Eli is coming home with me tomorrow. We are trying to talk them into letting him stay, but they denied that option." He replied. I nodded and rubbed my head with my hand.

"Liv, I know I told you this, but thanks again." Elliot said as he touched my arm gently.

"Elliot, it's fine. I told you why I saved her. Why I saved your son." I sighed. Elliot nodded and I looked at the door to see Brian standing there.

"Liv, I brought you some dinner. I don't know if you feel like it, but it might be good." Brian spoke, quietly.

"Thanks Babe." I replied, and I saw Elliot's expression change.

"I'll leave you two alone. I'll see you at work soon, Liv. Get better." He replied, and left with a frown on his face.

"What's wrong with him?" Brian asked me and I sighed.

"I don't know. Sit and eat with me."