Chapter 15

There Gajeel stood in a confined room with one of Fairy Tails strongest wizards...alone. Mirajane the Satan soul wizard. He felt a chill run down his spine, he had to admit this woman intimidated him. Not that he was a coward, but he had heard rumors about her and they never ended well for the person who pissed her off. She wasn't using her magic... yet. She was still a normal human being, but one with huge amounts of dangerous magic hidden behind a cute face. The sad smile she had on her face really made him worry. "Look I get it. I went too far. I ain't never gonna do it again."

Mira looked up at Gajeel. The sad smile not fading from her pretty face. "How much do you know about Levy?"

"Huh?" Gajeel blinked and stared at the woman in disbelief.

"Did she tell you anything about herself on the mission? You guys were alone so long... you must have talked about something." Mira pressed on ignoring the man's confused expression.

"Nothin." He replied thinking back to their conversations. They were always the same, banters back and forth about pointless things such as her nickname or the mission. "Why would she?" He questioned. "I ain't tell her about me, and her business is her own." Honestly he didn't really care about personal stuff. He was here to work, not make friends.

"You need to tread lightly on certain topics with Levy." Mira said making direct and intimidating eye contact with the towering man.

"Look, I ain't gonna baby step around someone cuz they have problems." Gajeel crossed his arms and leaned back against a wall.

"I am not asking you to Gajeel. Just be more careful with comments like that. I am sure you were joking, but that is on the edge of a sensitive subject for Levy."

Gajeel rolled his eyes. "Fine she ain't with those two guys. I don't really give a damn. We finished?" He didn't understand why she was making a big deal out of this.

"No I don't think you understand." Mira said putting her hands on her hips and looking at the moody dragon slayer.

"What's there to understand. I'll leave the shrimp alone." Gajeel couldn't help but wonder if all the women in Fairy Tail were this moody and annoying.

"No you are going to apologize to her." Mira said in a matter of fact tone, which received a glaring response from Gajeel.

"No I ain't" She gave him a glare that made him feel death approaching. "I just said what I saw."

"Well I don't what you saw, but whatever it was, was incorrect." Mira thought back to the argument. "When you said she knows what to do around men to get what she wants you were incorrect. I know this because there has only been one man in Levy's life. And to this day she is still loyal to him." She looked at Gajeel, who had a very unusual look on his face. It was a mix of not caring and confusion about what to say next. "That man was her husband. She has never used men for anything. She is a sweet and loyal girl."

Wait... did she say husband? "The shrimp's married?" That was weird, she didn't act like she was married. He never smelled the delicious smell of metal on her, which meant she wasn't wearing a ring.

"She was. He died on a mission along with his entire team." Mira said looking down. "He was a member of Fairy Tail. An S class wizard at that."

~Flashback just over 3 years ago~

Levy was sitting in the guild hall with her two year old baby girl in her arms. She was patting the small child on the back and slowly bouncing the playful child up down. Beside her sat Bisca with a three year old Asuka in her arms. She was helping Levy out and giving much needed advice about the terrible twos. "Your such a good girl Lacy~" Levy cooed proud of her daughter. She planted soft kisses on her daughters forehead. Lacy was mostly a well behaved child. That is compared to what Bisca and Alzack went through with Asuka when she was two. "Daddy should be back from his mission soon~ I can't wait~" The young mage had a genuine smile on her face. Bisca looked at her and smiled motherhood and married life sure looked good on Levy.