Life in Watersong

Blinky's POV:

I wake up drowsy from the last night. I could'nt stop thinking about that little girl, Madeline... so I stayed up for a long time last night sitting on my bed. This morning, I got up and got dressed into my grey button-down shirt. Everyday at twelve in the morning, I have to help dad out around his fruit stand. We Raposa are simple beings, drawn to life by the creator's hand. After the so-called Wilfre was defeated, the creator left, and we have lived our lives carefree in Watersong ever since.

As I step out the door from our house on the beach, my older sister Josephine, who is 2 years older than me, greets me. "What's hangin, Blink?" She asks.

"Nothing much." I say to her. "Going to help around the fruit stand."

"Today's my day off."

"Don't remind me..." I say as I walk to the gondala. I hopped onto it and rode all the way to the Watersong Town.

I hopped off the gondala and arrived in Watersong Town and walked a few steps. I saw a poster put up almost everywhere:

Little Raposa Lost: Madeline

Young Raposa, Red Clothes, Brown Hair,
Red Flower in Hair

Please return to Sebastien or Veronique

I knew Madeline a month ago, until she vanished without a trace of where she was. I even participated in the search, but we had no luck finding Madeline. Most of us gave up, but Sebastien and Veronique kept searching, and they still are. I walk past the poster, turn a few corners and end up at the fruit stand.

"Blinky, there you are!" My father, Maximelien says to me. "Come over here and help me restock." So, I did. I took the cases of rotten fruit and put them into empty barrels. (I gagged. A lot.) Dad restocked fresh fruits into the crates.

"Dad..." I asked him.

"Yes, indeed?"

"That Madeline girl...I feel bad for her. I mean, she could be anywhere."

"Oh ho, don't feel bad. As long as we have raposa searching, they'll find here eventually."

"But it's been a month now! How could they not have found her yet?"

"Come to think of it...that is quite strange. But we can't do anything about it."

"Oh..." I reply. I heard some distant yelling from around the corner. The voice came closer, and it was Constance, my other sister, who was old as my sister Josephine. Constance was shy and blushed easily.

"Hello, Blinky, Father, sorry i'm late..." She says to dad.

"Oh, that's quite alright." Dad says to Constance.

We spent the next 5 hours selling fruit in the joyful town of Watersong. The vibrant colors and flowing water give me a feeling of happiness. After that time, dad said we could stop working if we wanted to. Yes.

Me and Constance rode the gondola back to the Watersong Beach and back to my family's house. I entered and Josephine was reading a book on the couch.

"Hi, Josephine! We're back." Constance announced.

"Heya." Josephine replied. Constance went upstairs to her room and I went to my bedroom in the basement and laid down in my bed. It was then I knew - I had to do something about it. I have to be a hero for once. I instantly got out of my bed and ran to my friend Alphonse. He hung out by the music forest.

"Alphonse!" I ran up to him. "Listen; you know that girl Madeline?"

"Yeah, I do. It's sad." He responded.

"I have decided: we are going to find her."

"Find her? Everyone had already looked everywhere."

"No, I meant find her in THERE." I pointed to the violin entrance of the Rockin' Ruins.

"WHAT!? Are you joking? It's extremely dangerous over there, and everybody has always advised us NOT to go out there."

"I am willing to take that chance." I say bravely. "And this is more important, this is rescuing a poor young girl!"

Alphonse thought for a moment. "...You do have a point...okay. I'll do it."

"Great! Meet here at night." I said to him, and ran back to my house. I went into my room and pulled out a book to read. In 15 minutes, dad came home. He came downstairs to my room. "Well...love you, son." He said to me.

"Love you too. Good night.

"Good night." He said back, and shut the door behind him.

Half an hour later

I waited half an hour for everyone to go to sleep, and then I snuck upstairs and left the house.

I walked to the spot wher I told Alphonse to meet up, and he was there."Okay, i'm ready." He said, but he was wearing a black mask.

"Uh, I think you're going a little too far with that..." I said to him, and took his mask off and put it in my pocket. "Let's do this."