Looking for Madeline

We walked to the Rockin' Ruins, but we could barely see anything because of the thick mist.

"I can't see anything!" Alphonse yelled. He was'nt paying attention to where he was going, and he tripped over a baki. It was now agitated, and Alphonse started to back up. I got in front of him. "Stay back! I got a..." I picked up a nearby stick. "I got a stick!" The baki confronted us, so I threw the stick at him. He cried and jumped into the water.

"Well, that was certainly...unexpected." Alphonse says under his breath.

Me and Alphonse ran past some other bakis and stopped when we came to a small dock over a pond. At the other side was another small dock. "We're going to have to jump." I said to him.

"One..." I start.

"No, no, no, no. Wait, is'nt-" Alphonse quickly stutters.

"Two..."

"I really don't want to-"

"THREE!" I shout, grab Alphonse's arm and jump over the gap.

"OHHHH RAPO!"

We both roll onto the other dock. "Hey, that was actually... pretty fun." Alphonse gasps. We both got up and walked through the thick mist. Suddenly, a red tentacle wrapped around me, and I screamed for help.

"I got you!!!" Alphonse yelled, and grabbed onto my legs. He managed to free me from the tentacle, and I stumbled back.

"What IS that!?!" I yelled in alarm. The mist cleared up, and we could see it was a scuba-diving helmet with orange hair.

This must be why Alphonse wanted us to stay out.

We ran for our lives, and managed to escape the scuba-helmet-creature. We stopped to breathe a bit. "Alright...I think we lost 'im." Alphonse says. We continue walking, until we come to the entrance of a musical-water cave.

"Wow." Alphonse exclaims in wonder. The cave was bright blue with glistening blue water.

"Now...how are we gonna get over to the other side?" I wonder. "Ah." I see two bakis riding a gondala, so I kick them off and climb in. Alphonse and I grab oars and paddle. We eventually came upon a stone-brick room with vines growing all over it. We enter, and see Madeline curled up in a ball, crying.

"Madeline!" I shout. "Madeline, come here. It's me, Blinky Waterlily, remember?"

Madeline stops crying. "B-blink-blink?" Madeline says sheepishly.

I gasp. "Yes, thats me, blink-blink!" I step closer to her. Before I could get any closer, i'm surrounded by hostile bakis. "Oh rapo, Alphonse, what do we do?" I ask Alphonse.

"We fight." Alphonse said in a gruff tone. He then actually headbutted a baki into a wall and knocked it out. I fought as well, bringing bakis to the floor. When all bakis were knocked out, we noticed a door on the other side of the room. I tried to open it, but it would'nt budge.

"Here," Madeline says and gave me a key."I got from one of the guard bakis during the fight." I used the key to open the door, and it led outside. But, we were lost as it led to a secret path of the woods.

"Yes! We made it." Alphonse cheered.

"So, Madeline...why were you in there?" I ask her.

"Well, one day I felt like exploring the forest, but I got lost in that cave. A group of bakis came in front of me, but they were nice to me and gave me food. But I still missed my parents and friends."

"Ohhhhh." Me and Alphonse said at the same time.

"Well, let's get you home as soon as possible." I said to Madeline. We followed the curvy dirt trail through the forest. I could see a dim light up ahead, so I knew we were almost to our houses. But then I stopped. I looked right, and felt an errie feeling as I looked down the pathway riddled with thorns, and chose to see what was down that path.

"Blink! That's the wrong way!" Alphonse shouted. But I kept on walking. I ducked and turned over thorns and branches. I reached the end and saw a circle-shaped clearing with a single bush in the middle. The bush appeared to be...glowing. I looked in it and saw a glowing and torn peice of paper, and at the top reading:

LIFE

Life is what keeps living things
alive, such as animals, plants, and
raposa people.

I did'nt know what all of that nonsense meant, so I decided to take it to the smartest person I knew: Constance.