Chapter 2 - Pushing.

Chapter 2 - Pushing.

Fat.

Ugly.

Awkward.

It was art class. I was amongst in a group of girls, working on my drawing. They were talking about boys they liked, as I listened along.

"Daniel's pretty cute, but I think he's dating someone right now." A girl muses, head cocked to the side as she frowned at her paper.

"Oh, don't worry," her friend reassured her. "That's not gonna last long. She's such a hoe."

Another girl squeals and joins in. "No, no, no! Landon is super hot, and available. He's where it's at."

"Oh my gosh, he is so cute." The first girl agrees, setting her pencil down.

The conversation lulled, and I built up the nerve to weigh in.

"I think Connor is pretty cute." I weakly admitted to the other girls, giving my art a break.

"Yeah. He's funny, I guess." One girl said, while shrugging nonchalantly. Another one of the girls starts laughing, so I turn to look at her, wondering what's funny.

"Oh no!" She manages to say in between a fit of laughs. "He wouldn't date someone like you."

This stung, and even though I had enough to feel bad about, I decided to press on.

"What do you mean, 'someone like me'?" I asked, essentially challenging her.

"Well, you know." She started, trailing off.

"Actually, I don't know. Tell me."

Now, one might think Britton why are you so stupid? Just move on, live life, and be blissfully ignorant. What you don't know doesn't hurt you. Well, I wanted to know what she was trying to say. Purely for the reason to find out what kind of girls Connor would date.

"Girls that are pretty, ya know?" She said, softly, so as to weaken the blow.

News flash. It didn't.

The other girls murmured in agreement.

"Wow." I said in shock. I didn't know what to do.

All of the other art tables were full. I was stuck sitting with these girls. These girls that obviously don't want me here.

Well, jokes on them. I don't want to be here either.